JMP2204 do YSANL AC/DC

Relic61

Reaction score
Bravo! That really is a sweet sounding stereo image. Nice tone, near perfect amount of drive, distortion & EQ on the guitars with an enjoyable spaciality in the stereo mix that allows the guitars to dance around with each other for that awesome full audio sensation that feels alive & vibrant. An all around excellent effort worthy of sincere compliment.

Now as far as your thread title goes, I understood the JMP 2204 part & the AC/DC part of it & that really was all I needed to get me interested enough to drop in & check things out (I LOVE the JMP Marshalls & consider the 2204 to be the pinnacle kick ass result in the JMP evolution) but despite my thinkin on it & scratchin my head,.. I still don't get the "YSANL" part of things & was wondering if you wouldn't mind breakin that down for me so I can slap my forehead & say " A Duh"!.

Thanx for posting & sharing & as always,.. Keep on Rock'n Brotha!

Mwltsg

Reaction score
Bravo! That really is a sweet sounding stereo image. Nice tone, near perfect amount of drive, distortion & EQ on the guitars with an enjoyable spaciality in the stereo mix that allows the guitars to dance around with each other for that awesome full audio sensation that feels alive & vibrant. An all around excellent effort worthy of sincere compliment.

Now as far as your thread title goes, I understood the JMP 2204 part & the AC/DC part of it & that really was all I needed to get me interested enough to drop in & check things out (I LOVE the JMP Marshalls & consider the 2204 to be the pinnacle kick ass result in the JMP evolution) but despite my thinkin on it & scratchin my head,.. I still don't get the "YSANL" part of things & was wondering if you wouldn't mind breakin that down for me so I can slap my forehead & say " A Duh"!.

Thanx for posting & sharing & as always,.. Keep on Rock'n Brotha!
Ah it should be YSMANL, short for You Shook Me all Night Long
Thank's for your kind words and rock on Brotha:)

Mwltsg

Reaction score
fantastic man,inspires me to try that .great tone
Thanks man:)

One thing i was a bit lazy with was the choruses, i just played the two tracks the same.
They do it slightly different original.
So that i will learn.
My bending are a bit daft to, working on it :)

Relic61

Reaction score
Ya but you did a lot right & most of all, you had a great recorded tone & the mix was a pleasure to listen too. So you keep practicing, keep recording & you keep trying. You have the skills & the drive to be an accomplished player. Keep up the good work & effort.

Rock On.

Mwltsg

Reaction score
Thank's again Relic61 for your kind words!!!
Yea i will keep on working:)

Have a Rockin' "n" Rolling weekend

Relic61

Reaction score
Thank's again Relic61 for your kind words!!!
Yea i will keep on working:)

Have a Rockin' "n" Rolling weekend

If I can offer any advice to go along with those compliments it would be to keep doing what you are doing. Not only are you practicing & clocking in some hours perfecting your skills, style & tone, you are spending time listening & developing you musical 'ear' while trying to duplicate what you hear. You are also taking the time to record the results of you applying yourself & trying your musical best. This is where those recordings come in handy. I can tell you are already good enough to identify where you need to develop further as you were able to identify exactly where you felt you fell just short of perfection & completely nailing things 'exactamundo' from beginning to end. You could easily play the rhythmic variations (personally the closeness of the two guitars really gave it that cool spacial stereo image in this version) but, where your time & effort will be best well spent is learning & being able to copy every little pull, bend, & finger vibrato of the lead parts.

Those pull offs, bends, finger vibrato etc etc of Angus is what makes his lead playing so very expressive & powerful. He makes his guitar talk & sing from his musical connection from from deep within himself & it flows freely, smoothly & intricately right out his fingers. When you can nail his solo with accuracy & duplication of feeling, you truly will have learned something wonderful & monetarily invaluable. Once you nail this solo, (& I truly believe you will eventually be able play it both exactly note for note & with a decent rendering of tributary emotion) it will be on to the next, and the next & so on & so on as you will be on your way towards mastering your instrument while developing that musical connection between your guitar, your mind & your inner spirit & having it all be beautifully expressed through your fingers & out through your instrument & amplifier. With the end result of you being able to acheive your own musical nirvana. To me, that's what playing the guitar really is. You just happen to have all the tools & potential & are well on your way toward this place I call 'the Zone'! That zone is where all the magic happens man & where musical guitar nirvana is found.

Go there & be happy grasshopper! LOL & keep on doin what you be doin brah.

Rock On.

Bettyboo

Reaction score
hrithik_1413553848.gif

Mwltsg

Reaction score
If I can offer any advice to go along with those compliments it would be to keep doing what you are doing. Not only are you practicing & clocking in some hours perfecting your skills, style & tone, you are spending time listening & developing you musical 'ear' while trying to duplicate what you hear. You are also taking the time to record the results of you applying yourself & trying your musical best. This is where those recordings come in handy. I can tell you are already good enough to identify where you need to develop further as you were able to identify exactly where you felt you fell just short of perfection & completely nailing things 'exactamundo' from beginning to end. You could easily play the rhythmic variations (personally the closeness of the two guitars really gave it that cool spacial stereo image in this version) but, where your time & effort will be best well spent is learning & being able to copy every little pull, bend, & finger vibrato of the lead parts.

Those pull offs, bends, finger vibrato etc etc of Angus is what makes his lead playing so very expressive & powerful. He makes his guitar talk & sing from his musical connection from from deep within himself & it flows freely, smoothly & intricately right out his fingers. When you can nail his solo with accuracy & duplication of feeling, you truly will have learned something wonderful & monetarily invaluable. Once you nail this solo, (& I truly believe you will eventually be able play it both exactly note for note & with a decent rendering of tributary emotion) it will be on to the next, and the next & so on & so on as you will be on your way towards mastering your instrument while developing that musical connection between your guitar, your mind & your inner spirit & having it all be beautifully expressed through your fingers & out through your instrument & amplifier. With the end result of you being able to acheive your own musical nirvana. To me, that's what playing the guitar really is. You just happen to have all the tools & potential & are well on your way toward this place I call 'the Zone'! That zone is where all the magic happens man & where musical guitar nirvana is found.

Go there & be happy grasshopper! LOL & keep on doin what you be doin brah.

Rock On.
Great advice's!!
You know if i knew before i started how much work and dedication it takes to come to the "zone" for me, well ......
Yea one of these days:)

Rock on man:)

Bettyboo

Reaction score
^ no, it's terrible advice - don't listen to Relic61!

The thing to do is, and listen very carefully because I will say this only one: research for hours on Youtube and buy stuff. No need to practice because the stuff you buy will make you better, if it doesn't then you can buy more stuff that will make you better but if it doesn't then keep trying. I have managed to get my weekly practice down close to zero, and with ever new thing I buy there's the prospect of getting better. No need to thank me... PayPal is your friend. :hmm:

JCarno

Reaction score

The thing to do is, and listen very carefully because I will say this only one: research for hours on Youtube and buy stuff. No need to practice because the stuff you buy will make you better, if it doesn't then you can buy more stuff that will make you better but if it doesn't then keep trying. I have managed to get my weekly practice down close to zero, and with ever new thing I buy there's the prospect of getting better. No need to thank me... PayPal is your friend. :hmm:
:rofl:Fucking Great!!!

Relic61

Reaction score
Great advice's!!
You know if i knew before i started how much work and dedication it takes to come to the "zone" for me, well ......
Yea one of these days:)

Rock on man:)

That is why loving what you are doing is so essential. Let that love be what drives you on & what makes all the time spent with your instrument like there is nothing else you'd rather be doing at the time. Sure that means balancing life & our responsibilities but there are always choices when it comes to our free time.

I can't imagine how I might have turned out if I was growing up in todays technologically advanced times. On one hand I would have had all the help & knowledge too assist me right at my finger tips. (I learned by picking up a record needle & putting down in front of what I was trying to learn, over n over, n over again until I got it right) And on the other, that technology has it pull, allure & distractions that could also pull me away from 'guitar time'.

Yup, in some way guitarist today have it easy & in some other ways, guitarists today don't. Bottom line, that love & desire to play guitar to the best of your ability & enjoying it more than most other things is what will ultimately allow you to achieve any real level of success & accomplishment on your instrument.

Its gotta be about Love baby yea!
Austin Powers Love.jpg

Mwltsg

Reaction score

:rofl:
Yea man i'v been down that road:smile:

Mwltsg

Reaction score
That is why loving what you are doing is so essential. Let that love be what drives you on & what makes all the time spent with your instrument like there is nothing else you'd rather be doing at the time. Sure that means balancing life & our responsibilities but there are always choices when it comes to our free time.

I can't imagine how I might have turned out if I was growing up in todays technologically advanced times. On one hand I would have had all the help & knowledge too assist me right at my finger tips. (I learned by picking up a record needle & putting down in front of what I was trying to learn, over n over, n over again until I got it right) And on the other, that technology has it pull, allure & distractions that could also pull me away from 'guitar time'.

Yup, in some way guitarist today have it easy & in some other ways, guitarists today don't. Bottom line, that love & desire to play guitar to the best of your ability & enjoying it more than most other things is what will ultimately allow you to achieve any real level of success & accomplishment on your instrument.

Its gotta be about Love baby yea!
View attachment 16018
Yea man the internet and gas for new stuff can be a distraction.
well back to the guitar, i have a fingerpicking style riff i have to practice on.
Something i made, and i play with some guys every sunday. And i did **** it a bit up last time.
Timing goes a bit of. But it's no stress, good guys:smile:
And the drummer is F..... great. He was a musician in his youth(he's 15 years older than the rest of us), so his playing are really on another level. I have wondered many times why do he
still stick around :smile:

Yea and Rock on man