Just built my first pedal kit.

Chuteboxehero

Reaction score
I've been considering building a kit for a while. Finally got around to ordering a kit from Aion Electronics. It's their clone of the Marshall Bluesbreaker overdrive from the early 90s. Great pedal but way too expensive when they do turn up. Anyhow, first time soldering a circuit board. I had a lot of fun putting this together. End result sounds incredible. Probably going to build their Rat kit next. Here's pics...

Ess

Reaction score
love it. been jonesin myself for a kit of something. even looked at 18watt clones. alas i will stick to something less dangerous first.

great pics btw, love all that tinkering.:dude:

plankton

Reaction score
It's good fun building them, and like you said you can stock up on some pedals on the cheap. I've not heard of Aion before, I'll have to check them out. I like the labeling on the resistors, my old eyes are struggling with colour codes these days. All my kits have come from Fuzz Dog, great stuff too!

Chuteboxehero

Reaction score
I took a look at Fuzz Dog and they have an amazing selection. Might get my next pedal kit from them. Also looked at those 18w clones... That would be an awesome project. I'd love to do a amp build soon. Those kits get a little pricey so I need to do some research before I jump on one.

Last edited:

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
Cool project! The Marshall BluesBreaker is a great pedal. I bought one new back in the day, and it still lives in my signal chain virtually every time I play. You mentioned them being "expensive", so I had to look... Holy Cow, I better not loose it! As I recall I paid like $70.00 back then, now it would cost as much as my MuTron III to replace. Good to know there is a kit option. I might want to build one just to use outside the home.

Latest posts