Latest Worn G-400 with binding?

happy_tom

Reaction score
after reading through 6 pages of rants.... :redface: Is there any definite way to know which fadeds now have binding, or is it a guessing game?

Anybody in Europe already has this? Thomann.de doesnt seem to have them, but then again, it takes a while to update the photos...

Yes, I do like the way binding looks on a sg and I don't care what anyone says :D I'm probably getting one, although this also may knock down the over-inflated prices of the old 'vintage' 03-06 korean models....

Logan

Reaction score
Apparently the 1966 ones have it too.
H79032000001000-00-500x500.jpg

Here they are at guitar center.

Biddlin

Reaction score
There is more than just the binding to them Vintage '03-06.
Yeah, the wood is just better on the older ones. The new ones are OK, but the bodies are not as nice. Binding, while an attractive affectation is not a make or break deal for me.

PJRG

Reaction score
Logan mentioned that Lefty G-400 on sweetwater now seem to have binding.

I just a Left-handed G-400 pro in early December and mine has no binding. (not from sweetwater but a store in Canada)

I really liked the binding on a Les Paul that I was also considering; it was a 'Heritage cherry sunburst' and the binding meshed well with the colors.

However, I much prefer the SG without binding, because the cream color doesn't go with the rest of the guitar, at all.
I think it's a very minor detail either way but, it's not something that fits of just any model, imo.

I’m pretty much in the same place as you, lefty player from Canada and got a SG G-400 pro (manufactured May 2017) from LA music.

My lefty arrived the last of week of January, and to my surprise with the cream neck binding. I actually came to this forum to see if that was a mishap or something, as not LA music nor any other Canadian retailer I know of showed this in any photos of the guitar, nor was the binding present when I went to try some out. I didn’t care much for the binding either because it sticks out in color as you mention, but ultimately not enough for me to do anything about it because the SG is sexy as hell and I love to play it!:D

Lunacy the Faded

Reaction score
There is more than just the binding to them Vintage '03-06.

Hey guys I'm looking at getting a bound neck epiphone SG here are the only photos I have, can you tell what year it is? I see others had the tuners and knobs not like this with a bound neck

84cc59c1fc57f54e95655271b8f1a04d.jpg 12eecb4e7905304aa303e8f81daf6818.jpg

DrBGood

Reaction score
I'd say it's a pretty recent run of the mill G400 Pro (2017/18).

Why ?
On the second photo, it seem to have veneer on top.
The pinapple logo on the headstock doesn't look like it's gold, like on the mid-2000 Vintage.
Tuners match the Pro model.
Finish is glossy.

POP_G400proCH.jpg

Knobs, switch tip and truss rod cover must have been replaced with what you see now, on the one you're showing us.

What is the asking price ?

Latest posts