Led Zep News

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by sgtbeefheart, Aug 27, 2008.

1. bradsure

bradsure Active Member

[quote author=sgtbeefheart link=topic=17761.msg220771#msg220771 date=1224375019]
    even worse than Skynyrd's Freebird. ;D
    [/quote]
    :nono: :roughup:

2. Kevy Nova

Kevy Nova Well-Known Member

Still, what a killer line up! Must've been a great show. Was Peter Green still with Fleetwood Mac at that time?

3. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

Yes indeed he was.

Fleetwood Mac have always been a niggling ache to me.

I spent nine months rehearsing a blues band that didn't play all the same songs as the other British blues bands of the time,
    and had a different line-up, mainly by including a slide guitar.

Just before we did our first gig, they appeared on the scene, same songs, same line-up, and they were all well known already on the blues scene.

We were fairly pissed off at the time, but moved on to have a great couple of years as a totally anonymous, competent and self satisfied blues band. ;) ;D :(

4. Kevy Nova

Kevy Nova Well-Known Member

[quote author=sgtbeefheart link=topic=17761.msg220821#msg220821 date=1224460688]
    Fleetwood Mac have always been a niggling ache to me.

I spent nine months rehearsing a blues band that didn't play all the same songs as the other British blues bands of the time,
    and had a different line-up, mainly by including a slide guitar.

Just before we did our first gig, they appeared on the scene, same songs, same line-up, and they were all well known already on the blues scene.
    [/quote]

Me and my old band felt the exact same way when Pearl Jam came out. We were together before their first album but when it came out everyone kept telling us that we were trying to sound like them. Some of our songs even had the same progressions! But what can you do?

5. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

[quote author=sgtbeefheart link=topic=17761.msg220771#msg220771 date=1224375019]
    I don't remember that, but it may well have been.

Ten Years After were one of the most boring experiences ever, even worse than Skynyrd's Freebird. ;D
    [/quote]

I just ask cause I remember in Richard Cole's (Zep's road manager) book he mentions that happening at an early festival show.