Lefty 50's tribute SG

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by Biddlin, May 3, 2015.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

2. Bettyboo

Bettyboo Well-Known Member

This is a much more interesting thread than most - two lefthanded black SGs... perfect! :D

The second one is a nicer geetar in my book, but I prefer the non-bound neck of the first which comes right down to the pickup, although that ickle white pickguard looks well out of place to me. The other 'issue' I have with it is that, to me, the bridge is too close to the bridge pickup (same on both guitars; I actually prefer the way that Epiphone give a bit more distance between them, so you can have a full batwing with the bridge off of it). But, if it sells at anything like $250, it's a great buy. I suspect, even in cheap USA it'll go for $400?

Here's what I mean about the Epiphone neck coming into the body close to the neck pup, and the space under the pickguard for the bridge. You can compare the toggle switches for reference, and the Epi just looks more elegant to me. I will admit to harbouring a bias though... :naughty:

20150504_114246_resized.jpg

Edit to add: a bit of Devil's advocate here... if that Gibson sells for say $400 then I wouldn't consider it particularly good value; I'd rather have a new Epi G400 pro at $300. Also, my Epi has been upgraded, but I doubt anybody would give me $400 for it, and I think it's a far better geetar than that 50s Gibson... Duck Betty, incoming... :ohno:

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  3. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

ya but the ones Biddlin posted up are bad Mo Fo,s.P90s man.rock on

4. JohnnyGoo

and Bettys lookin darn good there Boo.i like both style pick guards but always wanted a Half Bat guard SG.more Sabbathy.is that a word ??? lol

Bettyboo likes this.
  5. Biddlin

Those 50's tributes are pretty sweet. I would guess that one will fetch about $500.

6. Biddlin

Betty's got a real rocker vibe going on.

Bettyboo likes this.
  7. Bettyboo

^ you do sometimes still see some leftover 2013 stock of those tributes going at excellent prices for new Gibsons. The pickups alone are worth $200 in those tributes; the future tribute with the swanky tuners and 57s would be a nice buy at $499 or so if you could find one! :naughty: Of course, the dirty fingers in the 70s tribute is gonna rock the boat. The 50s have those lovely p90s, so if you can find a nice colour that plays well there's some good bargains to be had in that range. Very few left nowadays.

A lot still available here, but at 500 British pounds they're 150 squids more than I'd want to pay for one.
    http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/left_guitars.asp?brandname=Gibson

A standard in the UK is just under $1700. :(

[​IMG]
    http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/p/SGSL...g-standard-left-handed-electric-guitar-cherry

Just about the cheapest thing I can find in the UK is over $800, and black...

[​IMG]

Betty is hard as nails and sexy too, so pointless me getting another black SG. But, a Pelham Blue or white (as per Townsend) SG with P90s would do the job very nicely indeed. :)

Remember, Betty has coil split, parallel/series and in/out of phase too; just sayin...

8. JohnnyGoo

that JR right there is where its at Boo.love those things.one pickup,no selector switch,two knobs,less wiring,one capasitor,no frigging stop tailpiece to worry about.P90,whats not to love.

9. Bettyboo

Yeah, they are just about right; a Pelham Blue SG jnr with 1 knob would be a perfect sister for Betty.

Biddlin likes this.