Let's hear it for Black SGs!

Dave

Reaction score
SGT-1.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
I know I've floated these pics more than once, but...eff it.

[GALLERY=media, 98]08 SG Classic by Hammer posted Jan 27, 2015 at 9:03 AM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 100]91 SG Jr by Hammer posted Jan 27, 2015 at 9:04 AM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 97]Chillin' on the couch... by Hammer posted Jan 27, 2015 at 9:03 AM[/GALLERY]

Does this count as black? :-)

[GALLERY=media, 101]02 SG Voodoo by Hammer posted Jan 27, 2015 at 9:05 AM[/GALLERY]

likea45

Reaction score
Wow! Looks awesome, what's the story with this one?

She was made in the Gibson plant right before they move from Kalamazoo MI. A local worker who wasn't staying with the company after its move was given the chance to keep some unfinished units. He kept an unfinished LP standard, a country gentleman body and this body and neck custom unfretted. The SN is P stamp that at the time meant blems or not for sale seconds.

He passed away some years later and his family decided to part with these items. I purchased this SG which he had fretted and painted black for just under $800. Also I got this story from his daughter who sold it to me. No electronics, bridge or guard. Just the HB routes and cavaities. I added the stinger since the paint wasn't lacquered over and obviously everything else.

It's a tone monster and plays really well. It's a light rosewood board for a custom and I believe was ordered for someone back then but wasn't up to spec for whatever reason.

Latest posts