Line-in recordings - how to tweak?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Heket, Feb 1, 2014.

1. thatbastarddon

thatbastarddon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It has been so long since i have used the default theme...
    What happens when you hover your cursor over the yellow button that i circled in red?

You can easily enlarge(or shrink) the trackview channel strip by hovering your cursor in the area that i drew the vertical line. When you enlarge the channel strips you may have more buttons show up. Hover your cursor over them, and labels should pop up...if not...when you right click your mouse on a control a menu of choices for it will pop up.

Attached Files:

2. Dreamscape

Dreamscape Active Member

Yes thanks mate I hovered & it says record monitoring on, but still no headphone output I must have setting wrong somewhere but not sure what it is.
    Another screenshot.
    [​IMG]

3. thatbastarddon

If you make a recording pass ...when you are done, Do you hear recorded audio when you press play?

If yes:
    try right clicking the record monitor button, and select "monitor input". If you do not get that choice... try right clicking the record arm button, and see if it popps up there.

If no:
    On the master channel click the "I/O" button, and select the proper output for the task.

This is challenging, as i am laying in bed...on an ipad...on the other side of the planet. Sorry, but i'm happy to try to help. :)

4. thatbastarddon

Doh! I just took a look at what you are using for an interface!
    Try plugging your headphones in to the HD300. I see in your screenshots that you are on windows(7?). I don't think that ASIO drivers will let you monitor/record with multiple devices...so if you are using the HD300 as an input device, you have to also use it for your audio output.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Dreamscape likes this.
  5. Dreamscape

Dreamscape Active Member

That worked thanks mate appreciated...
    Windows Vista not 7.
    But I am getting some strange latency ,will fiddle more.

I think Tobacco Worm has the right idea, can you email me one of your peashooters
    I have a 'puter to put a hole in :)
    Cheers...........

6. thatbastarddon

Yeah, you can probably turn off the input monitoring now...after reading the page i posted above...from the hd300 advanced manual.