Look, a shiny thingee up there

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Biddlin, May 2, 2020.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    UFO sightings, whether by civilians or military are not new. They were photographed as early the late 19th century. The recent release of US Department of Defense videos showing pursuit of an object does nothing to advance the research into the phenomenon, but they certainly take the focus off of current social and economic events.
    I wonder why the US Department of Defense suddenly decided to release them, now?

2. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

To show us where their supreme commander in chief comes from ?

Didds and RhinestoneStrat like this.
  3. Astral Traveler

Astral Traveler Active Member

The DoD is run by aliens and we'll all be assimilated. Resistance is futile and hiding their presence any longer is now pointless.

Didds likes this.
  4. Biddlin

Haven't we been, already?

Astral Traveler likes this.
  5. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

UFOs were really common until personal phtography got cheap. Then they died away considerably. Of course once we had Photoshop they returned with a vengeance. Funny how they seem to understand our tech level without actually making contact.

DrBGood and Astral Traveler like this.
  6. DrBGood

Who said they didn't ?

donepearce likes this.
  7. donepearce

Absence of evidence may not be proof of absence, but it is certainly evidence. If there had been contact it would have been world news, not just a bunch of tinfoil hat-wearing loonies desperate for their fifteen minutes.

8. RhinestoneStrat

RhinestoneStrat Active Member

We all have to run for cover! These aliens are twisted butt freaks!:ohno:

9. Biddlin

I didn't really plan to go this direction but what the heck:
    [​IMG]
    Anyone who has lived away from city lights and air pollution has probably seen unexplained things in the night sky. I am more interested in the daytime close encounters with multiple witnesses because I am one. In 1960, crossing the Lions Gate bridge in Vancouver, about 100 yards from where this guy is, my older brother said, "Hey, look at those" I turned to where he was pointing and saw three aircraft that looked very much like the triangular craft shown in a lot of videos hovering dead still about 50 yards away and 100 feet above. We watched for maybe 5 seconds, seemed like much longer and the three craft went vertical and were gone from sight in maybe 100th of a sec or less. About thirty people on the bridge that early morning witnessed it with us. It is as vivid in my memory today as it was that first instant. I am not assuming anything about the origin of those craft, but I will testify under oath as to their existence. My brother, more than a decade my senior also says the memory is one that never leaves him. He has been back to the spot on the bridge at least a dozen times over the years, as recently as 2009. "I don't expect them to return, but I cannot help but wonder why they were there in the first place."

10. DrBGood

Your eye can't see 100th of a second movement. So how can you say they went vertical ? If they went that fast, that's what I would call diseappering.

Pffft ...

Astral Traveler and SG standard like this.
  11. donepearce

I'm going to hazard that they were delta-wing aircraft, of which there are still plenty, flying in formation, and they made a turn that put them edge-on and much less visible aginst a bright sky.

That may not be right, but all it needs is natural stuff that exists on Earth and we all know about. Any idea that involves alien species from another planet crusing our skies and somehow not being subject to the same physics we have discovered - well, that has to be looked at rather more skeptically. OK, it needs to be laughed at.

Eye witness testimony is invariably wrong. Our memories are culturally determined rationalisations constructed by our brains. And they are rebuilt differently every time we recall them - and this goes double if somebody else is also describing their memory of the event.

Astral Traveler and SG standard like this.
  12. Biddlin

Yep.
    Nope.
    That sounds like a culturally determined rationalisation.:rofl:

13. donepearce

Does it? I forget. And why don't you like my speculation about the aircraft turning. I've seen this kind of thing often. Even seen a Vulcan bomber vanish in a hazy sky, and it takes some effort to hide one of those monsters.

14. Biddlin

No, but I got a real close look at a B2 stealth doing low altitude maneuvers and then turn 180° and slipping into the cloud cover a couple of months ago up near Beale AFB. Not what I saw in 1960, but they are stealthy.

15. Sweetums

Sweetums Active Member

If somebody from 1880 saw an airplane in flight they may not understand how it was possible.

A jet breaking the sound barrier would be hard for most people in 1920 to understand.

Telling somebody about a B2 Stealth Bomber would sound like science fiction to somebody in 1970.

If twenty years ago I had seen the drones that are commonly used today, they would be quite odd to me.

I'm not saying there's no such thing as life on other planets (I do believe in life on other planets, and it is quite possible some have visited or sent their own drones here) but I do think some unexplained craft / lights / phenomena are military projects that may be far ahead of what is commonly thought possible.

16. donepearce

It is pretty much certain that there is life on other planets. It is also pretty much certain that none of it has ever visited here, or even become aware of our existence. Even from the nearest candidate planets - which don't look anything like suitable for life - a journey here would take millions of years. And of course it could not have set out with visiting us in mind, because we weren't around yet. No. Forget visitations by space aliens. Hasn't happened. Won't happen. SETI may possibly detect a techonolgical civilisation out there somewhere, but by the time we hear it, it is most likely too late - they will have been and gone. Species are a transient phenomenon.

17. Astral Traveler

Astral Traveler Active Member

Never mind the UFO's, I'm more worried about that chemtrail in the background!

DrBGood and donepearce like this.
  18. donepearce

It looks like the absence of chemtrails has lifted the average temperature of Europe by as much as two degrees (C). The same effect was seen in the USA when airspace was closed after 9/11.

19. DrBGood

It's the other way around here. This is a cold spring we're having. 20°C yesterday and snow on the ground this morning. 5cm predicted for Saturday. Bring back them chemtrails please.

20. SG standard

SG standard Well-Known Member

I'm more interested to know if it's the absence of chem trails that has finally enabled you to get the knitting machine finished? And how did it turn out?