Looking to buy a Custom Shop 69 RI SG

Rolandc

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm new on the forum, so firstly I will introduce myself:
My name is Roland and I live in The Netherlands.

I'm currently in the market for a second hand guitar and stumbled on a 2004 SG (Yamano) '67 Reissue Historic Custom Shop.
I've already tested the guitar and it plays & sounds phenomenal.

The only thing I want to check is if the price is right, seller is asking €2500,-
Do you guys think this is a reasonable price for a second hand CS?

Thank you in advance.

Roland

Some pictures of the guitar:

DrBGood

Reaction score
Welcome to da zoo Roland.

I don't have a clue of it's value, but that's a real beauty. If you buy it, we'll expect a full report with tons of pictures and a sound clip if possible :fingersx:

bwotw

Reaction score
Welcome! I'd say that's along the lines of the prices people ask for 2nd hand CS reissues. Of course, I'd try to talk the price down a bit ;) Looks like the Maestro vibrola has a good angle too.

Semla

Reaction score
Interesting enough, for being a 1969 reissue it does not have the same neck joint as my 1969 SG.

Attachments

• IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 22

pancake81

Reaction score
I have to be honest, I have never heard of the 69 historic reissue, at least not like that!! Only ones I recall were the ones in the early 90’s with 3 pick ups; looked like the Kirk Douglas without the maestro

How do you like it?

Rolandc

Reaction score
I made a typo in the title (and I don’t know how to change that, it’s a ‘67 Historic RI. (As I described in my first post)
And the guitar is in my avatar because I bought it!! I did need an SG, the only thing I regret is not buying one sooner xD.

Rolandc

Reaction score
Here’s another picture of the guitar in my living room. I had some issues with the Vibrola (as I mentioned in my other post)
luckily those have been solved for now.
I will try to record some audio clips in the coming weeks so you guys can hear this beast!

Attachments

• 24D6624E-DBFD-43F2-BC0F-63BAC9C4FCD4.jpeg
    24D6624E-DBFD-43F2-BC0F-63BAC9C4FCD4.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 31

One-Wan

Reaction score
Whoa that's a great looking SG. Whats the neck profile like? I prefer batwing SGs, and fat necks. This could tick all the boxes for my next SG... :naughty:

Cheers, Scott.

Rolandc

Reaction score
Whoa that's a great looking SG. Whats the neck profile like? I prefer batwing SGs, and fat necks. This could tick all the boxes for my next SG... :naughty:

Cheers, Scott.
Thanks!
Neck profile isn't particularly slim, but also not as thick as my Les Paul with 50's neck profile or my '51 Nocaster 'u' neck profile. I would say just about right! I alway's thought that I only want thick necks as on my other guitars, but I was kinda surprised that I really like this neck shape for an SG. In any case it's a very comfortable neck. :dude:

One-Wan

Reaction score
Thanks!
Neck profile isn't particularly slim, but also not as thick as my Les Paul with 50's neck profile or my '51 Nocaster 'u' neck profile. I would say just about right! I alway's thought that I only want thick necks as on my other guitars, but I was kinda surprised that I really like this neck shape for an SG. In any case it's a very comfortable neck. :dude:

Thanks mate, it looks great.

Cheers, Scott.

Rolandc

Reaction score
Couldn’t help myself playing some AC/DC on my new axe. Playing isn’t perfect but what the heck, I had fun doing this cover!

Latest posts