Mary Ford's Sg on Pawn Stars.

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by rockerbilly58, Oct 10, 2012.

1. skeeterbuck

skeeterbuck Active Member

They should have to run a disclaimer at the beginning of the show to inform the viewers that little if anything seen on the show is actual fact! :p

2. gtone

gtone Well-Known Member

You know that Storage Wars is flakey too, right? Many of the valuable "goodies" in those lockers have been planted for entertainment value.

3. smitty_p

smitty_p Well-Known Member

Yup. Man Vs. Wild had to do something like that a few years ago after it was revealed that Bear Grylls staged some of his stuff. They ended up posting the disclaimer about how he receives support during the show.

4. smitty_p

Fake or not, I still think Ashley could beat up Seth!

5. Blaster

Blaster New Member

I really don't understand all the skepticism regarding the identity of "Lesandmarywerefamily". I mean, why would someone go out of their way to pose as a family member knowing full well that they'd be facing the slings and arrows of the uber skeptics on MLP? Just doesn't make sense IMO. Seems to me that there's nothing to be gained by it unless you're actually someone who has something to prove.

6. Tenafly Viper

Tenafly Viper Member

Yeah, any guitarist that was in Toto at one point or another would know a Norlin pancake body when they saw one. It was laughable.

7. smitty_p

Yeah, I thought it was odd, too. I should correct myself, though. Technically, the dude said he had "toured" with Triumph and Toto. He may not have used the word, "guitarist."

Either way, the episode was fake. He was an employee of Cowtown guitars when he brought the guitar into the pawn shop.

8. smitty_p

Here's a quote from the description. Read at your own risk!

What's an "extra nice" peg head inlay?! It looks pretty much like the inlay on any Custom.

And my humble '74 SG Special has a first fret inlay, too.

9. gtone

gtone Well-Known Member

Lotsa trolls out there that post crap because they have nothing better to do and/or get their jollies outta that sort of thing. Many posted comments on YouTube videos bear this fact out. :(

10. theNARDdog9

theNARDdog9 Member

Because of the timing that it happened. Don't be pulled in by that. The whole concept of a troll is someone that goes on the internet asnd does things solely for the purpose of entertaining themselves by stirring up trouble. Most of these "trolls" don't care that they're being insulted or receiving skepticism--that's actually their intended goal. And really, what are the chances that someone just made up that username, on that specific day, and somehow stumbled upon a guitar site where that particular discussion was happening? :hmm:

11. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

"And really, what are the chances that someone just made up that username, on that specific day, and somehow stumbled upon a guitar site where that particular discussion was happening?"

The "family member", could have been informed by someone about
    the discussion.

To get involved in it, they had to join the forum, and would need a user name.

12. Col Mustard

Col Mustard Well-Known Member

I'd rather play my SG than watch people shoveling bullsh*t around. and that goes for the campaign as well. I'd like it if we could all just vote. I don't want to hear any more hype and spin, or lying advertisements. Let's vote now.

I confess to enjoying the pawn stars, because it's entertaining. I'll enjoy it a lot less now, because I suspected but didn't KNOW it was all scripted and set up. Now that I know, I'll just go upstairs and play my guitar. My favorite parts of that show were always when they go out to investigate something that goes BOOM. Rick gets this kidlike enthusiasm that I understand all too well.

"It's Howdy Doody time, and it ain't worth a dime
    so turn to channel Nine, and we'll watch Frankenstein..." --kid song, circa 1955

13. rockerbilly58

rockerbilly58 Well-Known Member

Please don't tell me Cops is scripted. I'd have no further use for my telly if that's the case.