Meet Scaramanga

ChubbyFingers

Reaction score
Named after the baddie in the 1974 Bond Movie "The Man With the Golden Gun". Scaramanga allegedly had three nipples, the not-a-Strat has three knobs, so...

My first home assembled.

Fleabay no name body, pre-painted;
Mighty Mike 22 fret neck with rosewood fingerboard;
Seymour Duncan SSL-1 pickups with an SSL-1. RWRP in the middle;
Locking tuners;
Fender American 2-1/8" tremelo;
Electronics by yours truly - standard 5 way Strat switch plus a push-push volume pot for the 7-way neck plus bridge and neck plus middle plus bridge, and a second push-push tone pot to phase invert the middle.

Strings have been cut and knobs fitted since this photo.

20210325_204429.jpg

ChubbyFingers

Reaction score
PS Scaramanga's midget sidekick was called NikNak. I'm saving that one for if / when I build a ukulele...

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
Our dogs are named Mad Max, and Bubba Zanetti, so I can't criticize...

ChubbyFingers

Reaction score
Our dog us called Willie (Nelson). His Indian name, however, is Sh#ts on Carpet.

He's an 11 year old Cheasapeake. He's a bit down in the dumps at the moment as he recently had a bad diabetes attack.

NMA

Reaction score
Excellent. Brilliant. Perfect name for a golden guitar with three knobs. SCARAMANGA! Man, how could you not want to play a guitar called Scaramanga?

And, yes, I too have looked to Bond in order to name a guitar of mine. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you.....

THUNDERBALL

upload_2021-4-2_10-53-40.png

I went with the name THUNDERBALL because:
A) it's a super cool name for a guitar, and
B) the orange finish on the guitar perfectly matches the orange of Bond's wetsuit in that film

e4e2b9a260d8e9258437d0ce1c29c5a2.jpg

Last edited:

No Talent

Reaction score
Named after the baddie in the 1974 Bond Movie "The Man With the Golden Gun". Scaramanga allegedly had three nipples, the not-a-Strat has three knobs, so...

My first home assembled.

Fleabay no name body, pre-painted;
Mighty Mike 22 fret neck with rosewood fingerboard;
Seymour Duncan SSL-1 pickups with an SSL-1. RWRP in the middle;
Locking tuners;
Fender American 2-1/8" tremelo;
Electronics by yours truly - standard 5 way Strat switch plus a push-push volume pot for the 7-way neck plus bridge and neck plus middle plus bridge, and a second push-push tone pot to phase invert the middle.

Strings have been cut and knobs fitted since this photo.

View attachment 44382

Looks great! I really like the rosewood fretboard against the metallic gold body.

I too just finished building a partscaster, a Tele with mostly Fender parts. Cost me less than half of what it would have cost to build/buy a guitar with the same specs though Fender.

Latest posts