Mega Guitar Show!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by Larry, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

We'll issue ETSG GPS systems to each other but no scoopin` others deals ;D

2. SG John

SG John Well-Known Member

Joisy ain't as far to drive as Philly is from Boston. Very cool. Check out the show, leave my '62 SG/LP with BW for it's stay at the Batcave to be transformed into a pristine Alpine White Beauty. And I get a chance to meet some of you that I've had the pleasure of chatting and emailing with.

3. SG Lou

SG Lou Moderator Staff Member

Gents, Those of you who will be attending, we will PM each other our Cell Phone numbers so this way we can contact each other when the time comes.

Larry, Where you coming from?
    GW, Lex and Vox will probably meet at my place and the four of us will drive down together.

4. SG Lou

5. Voxman

Well just as long as you homo's keep ya hands to yourself AND don't pull the " I gotta leave at 3 O'clock crap " we'll be fine :razz: :funny:

6. SG Lou

Heck No Vox, They will have to throw us out of there ! ;D

7. Larry

Larry Member

Lawn Giland, New Yawk (as we natives call it)
    I did see the thread Bruce, but got totally confused regarding the "Philly versus Jersey" thing. I assumed they were two separate shows!

I am coming from Nesconset, NY, which is on Long Island (the tail end of Smithtown).

I'm bringin' my AMEX Card!!

Bythe way, I am considering selling/trading my American Deluxe Fat Strat. Is a show like this a good place to do this?? I don't have much experience with Guitar Shows except for one a few years ago on L.I.

I'm really excited about this!

8. SG Lou

Larry,
    I can see where there would be confusion between the "Jersey and Philly" thing.
    It was always held either right in the heart of Philly or the outskirts of Philly.
    The term "Summer and Fall Philly Show" just stuck. It seems the last couple of years they couldn't get the Fort Washington Expo Center. I heard that it was taken over by new owners. Anyway, last year it was held in Reading PA and it was supposed to held there again this year. I guess that didn't work out so they got the Garden State Exhibit Center here in NJ, which is a good thing for me and Vox being its a heck of a lot closer to us and I guess you as well.

As for your Strat, you can try to either sell it or trade it at the show but I can tell you, Dealers will try to low ball you on it.
    I guess it wouldn't hurt to try right?

9. Larry

Larry Member

Thanks Bruce. Yep Vox, it is my first "big" show. Been to many a car, knife and gun show, but never one of this magnitude for guitars. I'm psyched.......especially since the Mrs. said "I don't care how many guitars you buy as long as you promise not to get another motorcycle". Let's see if she still feels that way when I come home from the show!

10. SG Lou

Harleys and Guitars go together .................Like Peanut Butter and Jelly ;D

11. Voxman

Well if you wanted to take ya " Scooter " I'd drive the botty back to the island for ya ;D ...
    And that type of guitar isn't usually what these dealers are after but stranger things have happened! But they'd want to steal it from ya ...

Old Chineese Proverb " How do you tell if a vintage guitar dealer is lying? " .... " If he's moving his mouth " :tickedoff: :argue:

12. Larry

Larry Member

Thanks Vox....actually, I sold my last bike about 7 years ago. The closest I come to having one now is the fact that I rent one for 3 days out of each year when I visit my brother-in-law in Florida.

Thanks for the tips on my Strat. Guess I'll leave it home.

I've also heard that you can get some pretty good buys st these shows. Is this true?

13. SG John

I've still got my '59 Pan/Shovel. I'm thinking of maybe registering it this year. Maybe I'll get the wife's Sportster going again too. That way I can get her to stop giving me a hard time about the three KR750 roadracers that are in pieces in the other bedroom. :roll:

At least she's more forgiving about the guitars. 8)

14. Voxman

Hey Larry ..... Ya there? Anyway the Orlando guitar show was in Kissimmee, FL .... LOL :-X

15. Larry

Larry Member

Yup, I'm here Vox.

We do the same thing here at my company with locations:

Atlanta Office - Really in Norcross
    Dallas Office - Is in Irving
    Los Angeles Office - In Irvine
    Washington Office - In Arlington
    Jamesburg Office - Really in South Brunswick
    Chicago Office - Is in Itasca

No wonder no wonder we can't be found!

16. SG John

The wife and I are going to drive down on Saturday. We'll get there in the early afternoon. Time to make some phone calls. I'll have my '62 Sg with me to drop off at the batcave. We're planning on staying overnight.

Also, Here another bit of new I found on another message board that some of you may find interesting.

GUITAR SHOW WILL OPEN IN BOSTON SEPT. 15 & 16

Premier Guitar Shows kicks off its series of regional guitar festivals with New England Guitar Festival, September 15 and 16. Held at Boston's Bayside Expo Center, the New England Guitar Festival is expected to host as many as 150 guitar, amp, and accessory manufacturers and dealers. More than 10,000 guitar players, collectors, guitar retailers and enthusiasts are expected for this weekend-long event.

Vintage and collectible guitars are a key ingredient of the New England Guitar Festival. Guitar enthusiasts of all levels - from players who simply realize the value of a great guitar, to experienced collectors actively searching for specific items to complete their collections - will have the opportunity to indulge their wishes.

Note: The Bayside is in South Boston, so it will be easy to find. Both by public transportation(easy), and by car(pain in the butt).

17. Larry

Larry Member

OK Folks, the NJ Show is in 2 weeks! Who all is going? I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in person. Can we figure out a way to identify ourselves? Any ideas? Carry balloons? Dr. Seuss hats? No pants?

Or should we just look for receeding (or no) hairlines? :coolsmiley:

18. SG Lou

Larry

Lets exchange cell numbers. this way as we all come wandering in at different time we can call and meet and the front entrance

19. Larry

Larry Member

PM'd ya Bruce.

20. Larry

Larry Member

OK, so who all besides Bruce and me is going to the show??!!!