Mezzabarba Amps

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by Ray, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

http://www.mezzabarba.com/

They just got a load of Mezzabarba amps at Gitarhuset in Oslo. Italian hand-build amps. Extraordinary gear!
    I tried this Z35 combo with two Celestion greenbacks and wow! This amp is just stellar!
    z35-front-2018-1024x783.jpg
    (I played a LP through this amp, but) this amp beat the hell out of the Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb I tried a few weeks ago. Supernice cleans ... Broke up ridicilously early, which I liked. At 7-8 the sound reminded me of an Orange amp goin full tilt ... Overall one of the best sounding amps I played in a long time!

The Mezzabarba amps is quite pricey, but I got a feeling these amps will be even more pricey in a few years.

If you have the chance, check it out, just for the fun of it!

alligatorbling and Clifdawg like this.
  2. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

Yes it is... :wow:

I just checked the prices with Overdrive Distribution, which is the USA distributor of Mezzabarba amps. The same amp that you tried, sells for $2500... :wow::wow: That would be 2 1/2 times the price of the Fender that you tried... :hmm:

3. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Well, at this store the Z35 cost 2200 Euro and Fender 1300 Euro.. but it sounded at least 2,5 times better. ;)

syscokid likes this.
  4. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

If you like amps that break up ridiculously early, you should get your hands on a good vintage Gibson amp! My 1959 GA-20T starts breaking up at around 1.5. :D

Ray likes this.
  5. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Thats fantastic!:D

6. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

My point was: Try em if you a have a chance, just for the fun of it. And mark my words, these amps will get even more pricey ... That brand is almost just a buzz so far. Few have played these amps so far, but in a few years I think we will see a lot of Mezzabarba amps in pro-level rigs.

Edit: they sell like no tomorrow at this store...

(But yesterday I got me an absolutely delicious five watt JetCity 333 for 100 Euro! It too has fantastic sounds!:D)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019