Midwest Gear Fest.......

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by Six String, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

2. guitarslinger

guitarslinger Member

Re: Midwest Gest Fest.......

Sounds great but I live no where near there :cry:

3. Six String

Re: Midwest Gest Fest.......

I know that many live a good distance away...... but just figuring for those that may be close enough to make it a day or others that may be traveling through the area.......... I am going to try to make it, but at this point I'm not sure............ all I can do is try.

4. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

Terry, if you do make it, please take some good pics so we can all see what it's about.

5. Six String

Right now it's a little touch and go but if I do I certainly will. There are pix I would like to take that I thought of after the tour............. :oops:

6. Six String

Shame on me..... but I had an unavoidable issue I had to take care of and was not able to attend the fest. I'm sure it was a blast as their gear fest events are always great......

Sorry folks....................... :oops:

7. 1Way

1Way Active Member

[quote author=Six String link=topic=19378.msg234706#msg234706 date=1246160496]
    Shame on me..... but I had an unavoidable issue I had to take care of and was not able to attend the fest. I'm sure it was a blast as their gear fest events are always great......

Sorry folks....................... :oops:
    [/quote]
    No problem partner. Thanks for doing the ETSG home page tour, good write up and pics!

I have dealt with Sweetwater from time to time over the years and usually found them a helpful resource. They seem heavy into recording and professional sound. I suggest if you are in the area, give em a visit.

Another store in our midwest area I found noteworthy is "Elderly" in Michigan. More traditional store compared to Sweetwater which is pretty cutting edge. Good memories between phone sessions trading tone tips and a personal visit trying out one of the best vintage Gibson guitars I've ever encountered, a P-90 equipped hollow body. They just don't make em like they used to. ;)