My 4th Of July Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by NMA, Jul 4, 2020.

1. NMA

NMA Well-Known Member

Yup, that time of the year to once again barbecue, be happy for America, watch Joey Chestnut eat 70 hot dogs in ten minutes, and post my 4th of July red white and blue guitars.

I love this all-American photo (even though the white one was made in Japan):

[​IMG]

2. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Similar brand sandwich with mine. 1963 SG Standard, 2018 Fender American Vintage 1965 Reissue Jazzmaster, 2016 Gibson Firebird Lyre Tail (Japanese domestic market run, based off a very rare variation of the Firebird V from 1965 with no German carve on the head and traditional tuners instead of the banjo).

Who would’ve thought my neighborhood would have turned into a war zone with all places for fireworks shutting down? :ohno:

Our dogs were less than happy (except for the old one, he’s practically deaf and could care less).

Chuteboxehero likes this.
  3. NMA

NMA Well-Known Member

Baby blue?
    Logan, that blue is not the blue of the glorious USA. You should have just posted the red SG and white Jazzmaster on Japan's independence day.

[​IMG]

Though your guitars aren't Fourth Of July guitars, I do appreciate the patriotic spirit and effort.

4. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

You’re telling me, that a Caddy color from golden age of cars isn’t American? Sheesh. :rofl:
    [​IMG]
    Pelham Blue is one of those colors that’s really hard to photograph. My Firebird even more so, due to the ever-so slightly yellowed clear coat, and the natural lighting here on the fourth gave it the baby blue hue. And, to top it all off, the Firebird was designed by the head car designer for Chrysler, Ray Dietrich, and was meant to replicate the overbearing “wings” that overtook car culture at that time. What’s more American than that?

5. NMA

NMA Well-Known Member

This blue:

[​IMG]

Now that's the blue that proudly displays the fifty stars on America's flag. That blue brings a tear to my eye. John Wayne himself would cry over that blue.

And by the way, you stated that your Pelham Blue Firebird was made in Japan! Shame, shame, shame!
    And regarding Chrysler....Ford is far more American than Chrysler.

(Full disclosure: my Gretsch White Falcon -- the ultimate symbol of American glory and excess -- was made in Japan. Yup, Gretsch, the great American guitar company, has their flagship model made in Japan. Go figure.)

6. skelt101

skelt101 Active Member

I’m pretty sure @Logan meant his Pelham Blue Firebird was produced for the Japanese Domestic Market, not actually made in Japan...

Logan likes this.
  7. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

+1 on understanding what being made for the JDM means... Still made in the US, just for a specific market.

BTW, he’s starting to remind me of John Hall (the lovely ceo of Rickenbacker).

8. NMA

NMA Well-Known Member

As John Wayne once said, "Made in Japan or made for Japan...same difference."

(Now I know John Wayne didn't say that, but it gives it more patriotic weight by saying John Wayne said that.)

And John Hall once personally banned me from his forum because I simply said that Rickenbackers are for the well to do in our society and no junior high school kid cutting lawns is going to buy a Ric as his first guitar.

9. skelt101

skelt101 Active Member

0D57D4B5-DD55-43AF-9CA4-FAEA42F1FCC0.gif