My Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Torren61, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Torren61

Torren61 Member

Left to right. 25th anniversary PRS McCarty, 2005 American Deluxe Strat, 1970 ES-335, 1999 SG Supreme, 1999 Les Paul Standard, 2019 Redwood Tele Partscaster

4C23D8F9-5FB4-4D9F-9A66-98E6ADE40F01_1_105_c.jpeg

1976 Ibanez Custom Agent, 2003 PRS Soapbar SE, Red Special Tele Tribute, PartsCaster with two 60s Fender single coils and a Gibson T-top in the bridge, 80s Greco TRB, PartsCaster with Fender Eric Johnson pickups

7D8BE952-33B3-4DAD-85C8-9A46B86ECD24_1_105_c.jpeg

Ventura V-6, Epiphone EJ-160E, 1999 Taylor 814CE, Kelley Mandolin, '76 Conn SB. Not shown is a '87 Martin 000-18 in the shop for a neck reset and other maintenance and a '73 Precision Bass in the shop for a headstock refinish and the correct decal put on.

B86CBCE0-4E31-44FD-9EB4-117F67A64138_1_105_c.jpeg

2. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

PRS Soapbar SE, what a tone machine that thing !

Your neck pup on it seem high, I pushed mine down as much as it would go. It became as nice tonally as the bridge, clear, articulate and coupled with the bridge, it sings to the angels. If you do that, make sure you push hard on the cover as you tighten the screws, if not those flimsy thin screws will just snap.

IMG_1635.JPG

pancake81 and Torren61 like this.
  3. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

That is an impressive collection sir. You should be proud

Torren61 likes this.
  4. Torren61

Torren61 Member

It's down as far as it can go. The springs under it are completely compressed. When I change strings next time, I'm going to take out the springs under it and use rubber tubing like my Strats have. I did that to the bridge pickup and I have much more movement than I did with the stock springs. I put them in a bag with the stock strap locks and marked them '99 SG Sup. They'll go in the case after I change out the jimmied lock.

5. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

I think I put in a thin piece of foam just to keep it from rocking. It is probably sitting at the bottom of the route.

Torren61 likes this.
  6. Go Nigel Go

Go Nigel Go Well-Known Member

Nice collection indeed. I like your wide selection of makes and models, it never hurts to have a large pallet to choose from. A guitar for every mood is my motto!

pancake81 and Torren61 like this.
  7. pancake81

I completely agree, although everyone is different. I have three SG’s and cycle through them well. One I play most for sure, the other two battle. If I am just grabbing it and siring my blackstar practice amp, ones wins, if I warming the tubes up the other wins. My 61 just sounds so sweet on the delta blues. I have played may SG’s and many with 57’s classics, but none that are as forgiving as that guitar. I can roll tone and volume up and down and get it dialed in so quickly, it’s very forgiving, sounds great everywhere. Some guitars you “hunt” a half notch up and down to get it just right.

I will say I don’t think I need another SG, lol. Didn’t say I would buy one though. But with three SG’s and a semi hollow I feel I should move one along to get another. I have been eyeing up a Malcolm Gretsch, but think I would sell the Sheraton for it. Finances aside, I just think I would grab the MY instead of the Sheraton… and if I wouldn’t, do I need it?

Go Nigel Go and Torren61 like this.
  8. pancake81

For amps, I have two. A 30W peavey delta blues (amazing for me) and a blackstar practice amp. My peavey jumps from ACDC, to ZZ Top to BB King and delta blues tones really well. Very adaptable for my style of sound. I got this amp as a gift (bought used) about 22-23 years ago. I liked it but wanted to later buy a Marshall stack eventually. Ran a JCM800 into the combo peavey for a while with good results, but in the end, this amp sounds best just as she is.

I will admit, most things in my possession I keep polished and top form. Cars, guitars, firearms, tools… But this amp, had this look like it would give you tetanus since the day I got it. I just rolled with it. The OCD gave this bad boy a pass

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Torren61 likes this.
  9. Torren61

Torren61 Member

Nice stuff!

10. pancake81

Thanks Torren. Given your line up that’s means a lot. You know, it’s all just a lot of fun.

Torren61 likes this.