MY POS

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Igonuts, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Igonuts

Igonuts Member

just showin off my girl.
    my first guitar. purchased in march of '68 at sandpoint navy exchange, seattle wa for 68 bucks. 13th birthday present. little history. love at first sight/play. in the exchange trying to play house of the rising sun at the demo corner. slightly smaller one as i couldnt get my arms around the full sized ones. tossed EB .008s on it. lightly over torqued the truss rod so i could slam the action. that thing, guessing, prolly saved this pos from neck bow. to this day shes straight w no bridge pulling. plays easier than most electrics. easier than my new 61 RI std. draw back is i cant be heard when playing acoustics w others. neck has been broken above the nut. younger stoner days, leaned guitar on chair. got stoned, sat in chair. right on the head stock. note to self, dont do that again. repaired by an aircraft wood guru at boeing aircraft co in seattle whren i worked there. but other than where and when i bought it, i've no idea about it. made in japan in likely '67 is all i know. anyway, pics.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    Decadent Dan likes this.
  2. Col Mustard

Col Mustard Well-Known Member

very cool, many of us remember our first guitar well...
    some love, some hate.

few of us still have the original. I don't.
    Anyway, I'm glad you have yours even if it's a wall hanger.
    put it up with a picture of the young guitarist.

3. Igonuts

Igonuts Member