NAD - Ampeg SS140C

plankton

Reaction score
Saw this at a local pawn shop for a decent price and couldn't pass. It's a funny thing, one channel is just like a Jazz Chorus and the other is known for high gain metal tones. It's got twin Celestions in stereo with dual reverb and chorus, plus a bunch of line in/out options. Only just played it a bit and it sounds really good doing those two things, medium gain stuff doesn't seem as good. Although it's not something I'll probably use a lot, it certainly fills a couple gaps and it's fun (and loud AF). If anyone has any interesting info on these I'd be keen to hear.

IJn0DVB.jpg

E0qcP8P.jpg

plankton

Reaction score
Unfortunately the amp had some issues, so it's gone back. The volume would drop out intermittently and the reverb tank was acting up. Possibly simple fixes, but not something I wanted to deal with.

ungarn

Reaction score
Predecessor to the mitey VH140c. Notorious for dirty Jack's causing the volume cut you described. Open up and clean with contact cleaner. Usually all it takes is a patch cable in the effects loop. If still at pawn shop may be a bargain.

Latest posts