NAD - Boss Katana 50

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by OldManJenkins, Jun 19, 2017.

1. OldManJenkins

OldManJenkins Member

Hey, this old man is almost ready to rock. Yeah, I got the Boss Katana, got a set of strings, pick up my guitar and although I was asked in the store if a needed anything else I forgot to buy a guitar cable. I ordered one from Amazon. I tell you I am getting senile. Here is a pictured both.
    IMG_1761.JPG
    Now I just need to remember where I left the pick.

2. Chubbles

Chubbles Well-Known Member

I'm 52, still playing a lot. But I can't help thinking what I will look like when I'm 90 playing Jimi Hendrix and Black Sabbath. (That is if I live that long)

tmp_2835-images(19)-1612925646.jpg

3. Scootermuppet

Scootermuppet Well-Known Member

D'oh! :facepalm: Share your pain OMJ, sounds like the kind of thing I'd do too:smile:

Hope Amazon get their finger out and get the cable to you fast :fingersx:

You have a great guitar and amp there - Enjoy!

4. 83 Blazer

83 Blazer Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your amp purchase to go with that lovely guitar. It's an impressive looking setup. Once you get that guitar cable :facepalm: I'm sure you'll be rocking out hard :dude:

5. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

Very nice looking and inspiring combination there, OMJ. Congrats... :cheers:. I hope you get to turn it up, every now and then. Do you have some favorite guitarists and music styles?

You will look like a 90 year old playing Hendrix and Sabbath... :thumb:. I would be careful about string-picking with your teeth, though. Then again, at 90, you might not have any teeth left... you'll have to gum the strings... which will make for a smoother tone and attack... :hmm:

Chubbles likes this.
  6. Chubbles

Chubbles Well-Known Member

By then, dentures will be indestructible.

syscokid likes this.
  7. OldManJenkins

OldManJenkins Member

I like Classis Rock, Blues and Jazz. Guitar players that I like;
    Rock: Jimmy Page, Jimmy Hendrix, Clapton, Jeff Beck, David Gilmore, Billy Gibbons and Eddie Van Helen.
    Blues: Texas native legendary Steve Ray Vaughan, BB King, Abert King, Buddy Guy, Robben Ford, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Joe Bonamassa, Jonny Lang and I am really digging Texas raising new Blues star Gary Clark Jr. this kid is redefining modern Blues in my opinion.
    Jazz: George Benson, John Scofield, Joe Pass and more modern and my favorite live Mr. Russ Freeman (The Rippingtons).

Led Zeppelin, Carlos Santana, Steve Ray Vaughan and David Gilmore.

All pretty much Blues based musicians.

Last but not least, I feel I must mention that I listen to Tesla Reel to Reel 1 and 2 a lot. A good collection of covers by this band but extremely well played.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    syscokid likes this.