NAD - Fender Bassbreaker 45 Combo

Didds

Reaction score
So technically it's not an NAD since it arrived last night but I haven't had a chance to play it until now.
Anyways, for about a year I'd been eyeing out for an amp to buy that would suit bedroom playing yet also be useable for gigging (and had nice tone). After considering various Marshall, Blackstar, Vox and Fender amps I settled on the 45 watter fender Bassbreaker combo. After saving up some money and trying out said Bassbreaker, I saw that a guitar shop on the other side of Sydney was selling one for literally HALF the price ($1100 AUD instead of $2200). I rang up the store and asked the bloke working there about it, and I could audibly hear him say "Holy ****, why are we selling it at that?" to his coworker. He said it's probably an error and that they were actually out of stock at the time. All the same, the website said differently, it was listed as being sold for $1100 and completely in stock. So I thought, well if it's what the website says, then thats probably what I can buy it for and they can't do anything about it.
Needless to say, I bought it. There were no issues at all and last night it finally arrived.

(Sorry for the shitty picture, I don't have a very nice camera or a phone with a decent one)
IMG_0236.JPG

It's great for me because it actually has a wattage knob that lets you take it from 1 watt to 45 and anywhere in between, which is great cause I can have nice tone with out pissing off the neighbours (to an extent). And when I want to gig with it or play with a band I just up the wattage. All tube, great tone and apparently a good pedal platform which I plan to make good use of. Definitely an upgrade from the little tinny sounding 10 watt Marshall solid state I was using.

I'm a very happy guitarist this week :D

syscokid

Reaction score
Congrats on a nice deal and what should be a nice amp. That whole line of Fender Bassbreakers constantly receive good reviews. My local guitar shop sells Fender, so at least I can say that the Bassbreakers look good. Hopefully you'll be a happy guitarist for many weeks to come... :cheers:

Clifdawg

Reaction score
I still GAS for the 007 every once in a while... One of the best little tube amps on the market, hands down. I'll bet that 45-watter really screams, too! Nice score!

Logan

Reaction score
Holy **** Didds! I saw it on your snapchat story and I wondered if you had a thread here. Sure enough, you do. Happy new gear day! I always loved those black tweed monsters. And with the circuit of the 45, it's based on a bassman, so it should break up like a Marshall :D

SGspecial

Reaction score
Congrats. I have the BB45 head and love it.

Latest posts