NAD - Mesaboogie Mark V 35

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by DFLCC, Jan 31, 2020.

1. DFLCC

DFLCC Well-Known Member

As you guys know I have been looking and researching on the Mark V 35 for a couple of months. This amp seems to be fairly elusive to test drive as many retailers don’t carry it. But I managed to locate a local dealer, J&E Guitars in Las Vegas, and got to finally test drive one. So small and huge sounding, clean was superb and over driven felt even bigger. I did not have much time so I had to ask what kind of deal they would do for me. Sadly they said that Mesa is very strict with their prices. So I walked away. I called Sweetwater but once again they stated the same about Mesa prices. I returned over the weekend and brought in my own guitars. I assured them I was serious about buying it but at $2K+ I had to make sure I was going to be really happy. They allow me to play a bit more. The power management (10W/25W/35W) worked great to control the volume with no tone loss at all. But 10W is quiet loud but quiet enough for home. At 25W or 35W it has enough juice on board for a gig. Regard less of the power setting the amp volume has to be at 10 o’clock or more to sound great. After a 10 minutes the guy walked to me and offered a $100 of if I take it that day, so I did. Well, that is better than nothing. Here is a picture. I have to tweak with it more and let you guys know. So far I am very happy. BD23BF04-D18A-4E34-A1C8-13A97CDCE079.jpeg

Clifdawg, DJGranite, Notabot and 2 others like this.
  2. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

Congrats on a sweet amp. The Santana is not too shabby either... :cheers:

DFLCC likes this.
  3. DJGranite

DJGranite Member

looks a lot like my Studio Caliber 22...
    love my Mesas...
    I'm sure you will love yours too.
    Enjoy

4. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Will the dealer lose the Mesa dealership for lowering prices, after it being revealed on the web ?

... to be followed :rofl:

5. Robus

Robus Active Member

Congrats. I have the 25 watt head. It is insanely useful.