NAD....Plexi fun

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by bftGibson, Apr 22, 2018.

1. bftGibson

bftGibson New Member

What ?!?! you said something ? lol...just found out about what el34 natural OD at volume is like..just about heaven ! What we got here is a Hoffman Plexie 50 with Master...hold on .i know what the purists are gona say about a master.. it's ok ..why...i just used it from barely on to knocking pictures off the wall...the tonal character pretty much held up through the whole volume..from off to full on..is it the same as when master is off ?? pretty close..pretty darn close. Save an old Crate 2x12 with well seasoned Celestion greenies..and just got Peavey 212c loaded with Celestion gt75 &V30...all the years off research, playing friends rigs..youtube clips has lead to this assembly..is it my tone..yes it is..i use vol and tone knobs on guitar and this is freakin amazing set up...wonder if it makes me cancel the marshall origin 50 head i am waiting on ? this actually cause of master is now my bedroom amp also ? only weighed 27lbs..

Attached Files:

jtcnj, syscokid, Clifdawg and 2 others like this.
  2. Duane_the_tub

Duane_the_tub Member

I have a master on my Plexi clone as well. I think it's not an issue of it's done correctly, and there is something to be said for the ability to get that sweet grind at less than stage volume.

3. gtone

gtone Well-Known Member

Congrats - nice amp. A plexi/metalface 4-holer is just one of those amps every guitar player should own at one time or another. It's the only way you'll truly "get" the tone that made them legendary.

4. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

My next amp purchase will be some sort of Plexi clone, all of my favourite players use them and since I've gotten my THR I can't get away from the plexi channel. Will have to sort out my options here in Australia.

5. jojo68

jojo68 Active Member

Nice amp !!! Grats !

6. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Looks great, but as the saying goes for pictures of new gear, it ain't happend until we hear it :dude: