NAD Vox AC15 HW1

ricardo_vicente

Reaction score
Today I kept a promise I made to myself a while ago ...

I had been through quite a few different amps, finally settling on my AC30 CC1 (head and cab version) as my main amp for gigging, but then I gave up actively playing (at least anywhere where I could play loud), so I got rid of lots of gear, including all my amps. It was then I said to myself that if I ever bought myself an amp, firstly an AC15 would be just right, and that I would save a bit of cash and treat myself to a nice handwired one.

That day came today. And I'm in love. :D:D:D

ENByL0T.jpg

ILvOkgx.jpg

RKlVy4W.jpg

bVPBexP.jpg

D5JYEIt.jpg

pZRTqEP.jpg

pZRTqEP.jpg

onKtJfp.jpg

ricardo_vicente

Reaction score
It's the HW1, so it's got the greenback in it.

This is me just running through the controls at home in the apartment, so I'm playing extremely quietly. Not the ideal demo but it does give you an idea of just what you can do with the master volume. Some of the clean sounds are with the master volume bypassed though.

DrBGood

Reaction score
Good enough for poor people ... :rofl:

But it sounds seriously good. Good move.
Do you tend to play the middle position because of the hum ?

ricardo_vicente

Reaction score
Not really. Flipped back and forth a lot while I was recording but for whatever reason the clips of the neck and bridge never made the final video. I've always played a lot in the middle position though. I feel at home there. :D

DrBGood

Reaction score
I like the three positions likely, especially when pups are finely adjusted so middle position has that rich almost acoustic tone to it.

Reaction score
Very nice! I have the AC30HW head and mostly run it on the 15 watt mode with a cream back, and an SG off course! Mighty combo!!

ricardo_vicente

Reaction score
Very nice! I have the AC30HW head and mostly run it on the 15 watt mode with a cream back, and an SG off course! Mighty combo!!

Awesome! I think I mentioned above that I had the AC30 CCH head for a good few years. It was great.
I've just picked up my SG from the luthier who was giving the electronics a once-over, so I'm going to slap on some new strings and listen to that SG/Vox combo again for myself!

Latest posts