Need a case.

Roca

Reaction score
Can't find any info on it but what case did you guys buy for your g400 66 reissues? Mine came with a roadrunner gig bag but it's a little short. Most of the time I hang my guitar on the wall. I want something simple, iexspensive but good just to take it with me to the shop or occasional trips.

plankton

Reaction score
I got one from Artist Guitars down here in Australia. Really nice case that fits my '66 G400 perfectly and only about $80 shipped.

Roca

Reaction score
I'm in the states. Do you have a brand or model name?

Chubbles

Reaction score
I love Gator cases: Rugged and not overly expensive.

Roca

Reaction score
How is the fitment on both of those?

Sweetums

Reaction score
The Epiphone one is of course made for Epiphone SGs so it should be a good fit. The Musician's Gear fit my Epic G-400 fine. Both elevate the head so that it is not resting on anything, which is definitely good. Both have a storage compartment under the neck. Check out the reviews for these on Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, and other sites. You may also want to check your local Craigslist for a good SG case. They show up every once in a while, and you can always test it out before you make a deal. Let us know what you go with.

plankton

Reaction score

Raiyn

Reaction score
Mine's not a '66, but for my G400 I use
https://www.skbcases.com/music/products/search.php?fuzzy=0&query=1SKB-61
Old pictures
closed-jpg.18646

case-open-jpg.18647

One confidence inspiring case. Deals can be had around the same ballpark as a Tolex Epiphone case if one's Shop-Fu is strong. Well worth it since you can beat a Tolex case to death with an SKB.

NomeX

Reaction score
I bought a bunch (4) of those Musician's Gear cases for $59. I have a bit of an SG problem, so I think I'll just get another 6-guitar stand instead of another case. The musicians gear cases are a bit hit or miss. I have one that doesn't close smoothly- you have to push in one of the sides in order for it to close properly over the middle latch.

Latest posts