New 2013 SG VOS

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by Tiboy, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Tiboy

Tiboy Active Member

Here is a quick pic.

[​IMG]

I took a flyer on this because the only time I played an SG was for about 15 minutes in 1974. My regular guitar is a LP R9. Radically different in terms of ergonomics. I need some muscle memory retraining as the neck on the SG feels much longer. Played a lot of F# instead of E chords this morning. Lead work that should have started on the 12th fret started at 14 or 15. I only have about 2 hours on it, but first tone impressions are very positive.

SG John, Biddlin, Paul G. and 4 others like this.
  2. CHall1525

CHall1525 Active Member

Very nice. After some time with her, you'll wonder where the rest of the neck is on that LP haha

58pit and Biddlin like this.
  3. 73Fender

73Fender New Member

Congrats from a fellow Jersey Boy. That is nice.

I stumbled on a VOS SG from 2007 on CL last fall. Lucked out on a good deal from a collector..basically unplayed. Love the necks on these. And they remind me of my 60 (or 61?) LP SG I had back in the dinosaur days. My new one is better then the old one from what i can recall (it was the 70s nuff said ha ha)

4. AC 30

AC 30 Well-Known Member

Beautiful. I love those VOS's - not too over the top aging. Just enough patina. Great Score!

5. tolm

tolm Well-Known Member

Nice! Having converted my USA '61 RI to P90s I've opened up an "SG with humbuckers" hole in my life and something like this would be perfect.

6. Paul G.

Paul G. Well-Known Member

My first "good" electric was an SG Special, after about 10 years with SGs I "graduated" to Les Pauls. It was all Pauls and Teles for the next 30 years or so.

Had some financial difficulties after the '08 crash (who didn't?) and sold my Les Pauls.

Now I have an SG Standard. I do not miss my Pauls at all. The SG is just so comfy, so versatile and, when you want it to be, so AGGRESSIVE!!

I kinda force myself to play other guitars, but i pretty much just want to play the SG.

P.

7. WoodenDuckMaker

WoodenDuckMaker Member

I kinda went the opposite way. I first owned LP's, because I automatically thought they were better, and that the SG was just for people who couldn't afford the LP. 2 Standards, a Traditional, and a Studio later, my SG Standard is my main electric now. Shoulda tried the SG first. I just love em more.

8. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Congrats, again!
    ;>)/

9. FREE SG

FREE SG Member

congrats & welcome to the board! :dude:

10. Heavy Garden

Heavy Garden Well-Known Member

nice one
    welcome