New clip (Washburn w/P-90 Lollars & G&L w/Fralin Bridge)

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by doveman, Sep 8, 2007.

1. doveman

doveman Member

This is one hot off the presses.
    • Washburn WI66 Goldtop w/Lollars in Drop-D (Left)
    • G&L Legacy w/Fralin bridge (Right)
    • Washburn WI62 (Rhythm)
    • Yamaha Bass
    • Jamstix2 (first attempt on drums with release 2)

Drop-D-elicious

I threw this together today from scratch ... using Drop-D tuning ... highlighting the new pickups. Lollars are bridge pickup w/tones on about 4. Fralin with G&L middle pickup in notch position ... less quack but I like the tone.

8)

2. antichef

antichef Member

Very nice!

3. DisclaimeR

DisclaimeR Member

nice stuff doveman. those p-90's sound real noice.

4. mattchurchill

mattchurchill Member

I need P-90's end of. ;)

5. doveman

doveman Member

Thanks ;)

Lollar P-90s: I highly recommend P-90s, Lollars are nice P-90s. I was sort of tailoring this number to show the P-90 slide stuff in Drop-D tuning.

Fralin 9.5k Bridge: I may not have captured how pleasing the beefy Fralin bridge is on the S-S-S strat-type Legacy ... on this particular clip anyway. But it is truly nice. Working on a couple of tunes that should capture the G&Ls stuff with this new configuration. I'm back to spending a bit more time actually playing. I went from living on the neck and neck/mid notch to using all 5 settings ... maybe even a little heavy on the bridge and bridge/middle notch. But the other three settings neck, middle and neck/mid all were improved by raising the pickups just a little in height. I had the same situation on my older Strat too ... I bet it would improve that guitar too ... to my taste anyway. A purist might not like the change in the bridge ... but if you find that you are not using the bridge because it's a little thin, I recommend this $75 experiment.

:)