new Gibson model?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Strange Brew, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Heket

Heket Well-Known Member

I have to say, I love it. When I first saw the natural finish one it was instant GAS :p The aesthetic really pleases me for some reason; alas I seem to be in a minority! Then I read the rest of the specs and I thought yeah, this is something I could really get along with.

Still, I think I'd have to fill out an SG collection first before going for one of these.

PeteR likes this.
  2. chilipeppermaniac

chilipeppermaniac Well-Known Member

In America we used to have an expression, " this ain't your father's Oldsmobile any more."

Now, there is no more Oldsmobile. Wonder why and wonder what was so wrong with our Father's Oldsmobile? A 442 or Delta 88 were nice cars.

3. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

Well after listening to this clip I must admit I am totally interested in this guitar after first being put off by Gibbys pickup mix n match. They really sound quite nice together & I heard no noise from that P90 as played. I love the Lyre Vibrato & have always felt they have been over looked as viable tremolos.

I will definitely be looking to play one if ever given opportunity. Lord help me if given a shot at lay away. I know the looks are different but I also bought the Gibson MIII back in 91 & that was its own beast too so, this isn't too much of a stretch and they might actually compliment each other in an abstract freakshow of bookends kind of way.