New guitar - Telecaster

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Flaps, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Flaps

Flaps New Member

After months of nagging and trying to decide which model to go for, I took the plunge on a MIM Telecaster and it arrived on Tuesday. I had considered the American ones but one was 2x the price, the other 3 times, I couldn't really justify the extra (i've only recently bought the acoustic, the amp and cab too so i've done alright in the last 12 months). I'm not sure the difference would have been worth £500/£1000 more and these were getting decent reviews so decided to give it a crack. Bit risky as shops are shut so couldn't try it first but my mate's had one a fair few years and likes his, i've played that one.

First thoughts, it's heavy! I like the one piece neck although it feels chunkier than the SG. The guitar sounds a lot brighter than the Special, I like the 'twang' that it has. I think it compliments the SG, they are both very different and will be used for different songs (that's how I justified it to the wife ;) ) Guitars.jpg

Obviously it's now been de-stickered too.

2. Clifdawg

Clifdawg Well-Known Member

Nice! Happy NGD. Love my player Telecaster. Had a couple of minor setup issues, but after ironing those out, I wouldn’t change a thing about it. Those pickups will do anything in any style, jazz to metal and everything between, and sound fantastic on them all.

Flaps likes this.
  3. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

Congrats, I recently got my first Tele too. I was never really drawn to them but I'm loving the sounds and how it plays, and very different to all my Gibson style guitars.

Flaps likes this.
  4. football27

football27 Member

Nice Tele. I understand that the player series Teles are awesome. Enjoy. :cheers: