New Iommi models-what happened?

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by IommiSG, Nov 5, 2010.

1. IommiSG

IommiSG Member

Several months ago, Tony Iommi leaked the information that Gibson planned more than one new Iommi-inspired/signature models. Anyone know any facts as to why we haven't seen one as yet?

2. AxRab

AxRab Member

Thats like when Robbie Krieger told me he had an SG Model coming out from Gibson in a couple months and it actually took almost 2 years for it to happen.......

3. SG Lou

SG Lou Moderator Staff Member

[quote author=IommiSG link=topic=21077.msg252992#msg252992 date=1288994134]
    Several months ago, Tony Iommi leaked the information that Gibson planned more than one new Iommi-inspired/signature models. Anyone know any facts as to why we haven't seen one as yet?
    [/quote]

last time I talked to both Tony and Mike they told me it was on hold.
    Thats the last info I heard.
    next time I talk to Tony I'll ask him :coolsmiley:

4. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

Well Ya know, nice guitars are now $3000 to $5000 now! So maybe it's best to wait till the economy recovers, if it ever really does.
    I've just showed my son receipts from the 60's/70's and told him I worked my a%( off since I was 13 .. washed dishes , swept up, dug drywells, delivered papers, worked construction days off from school, and saved up the $250 to $700 to buy a quality, new or used ,well made gibson or fender! I had 100's of old receipts I've just threw out .. big big bag of em .. also showed him the pics of amazin stuff matching the receipts , all worth a small random now, or used to be before the Wall Street downturn scam ;D Now you get shite for that money as all bow to wall streets investor money demands all while a 16 yr old kid can't find a job anywhere .... while a dad who in 2005 wrote $450,000 gross worth of small business contracts, $45,000 in 2006 ... applies, in 2010 for minimum wage jobs!
    So I guess it's best to wait a few years till things turn around ;D

5. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

Probably best not to release a new sig guitar right now with this crappy economy. Oh and I hear ya Voxy... my consulting business is not exactly booming these days.