New Member/New Project

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by oasis02, Jul 10, 2007.

1. oasis02

oasis02 Member

Hello,

I absolutely love this site for the incredible amount of useful information it contains.

I am relatively new to the hobby, and have an interest in modding my guitars. I have a Les, Strat, Ric 360, Supernova, Tele, and Sg-copy.

I purposely purchased the most inexpensive SG copy I could find, to challenge myself to make something worth playing. The results turned out fairly well, so far.

I will post some photos in the SG Copies section,

O2

2. ESSER

ESSER Active Member

Hi O2, i polish turds too. Can make some great players with a bit of fettling and swapping, enought to put the purists noses out of joint! :)

3. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to ETSG oasis02! :) :) :)

4. oasis02

oasis02 Member

Thanks for the welcome!

The "piece" I polished is getting some nice reviews at my local guitar shops. I put Burstbucker Pros in a Regal SG (I call it the Fibson), and the result is not too diabolical. My only requirements for the Regal were a solid body and neck inlays. I actually like the "shorter" bolt-on neck for playing comfort. So far, I know I'm better-off than if I had bought an Epi G-400. My next test will be against an actual Gibson at my local Guit Center.
    I committed a minor "sin" in trading my '61 Reissue for a new Ric 360, but I just had to have that Ric!
    We've got an overabundance of local Gibson shops, so I won't rule-out another true SG someday.
    Now, I'm trying to piece-together an affordable, but decent SG. I also wanted a guitar that I would not have to nanny, and be able to play outside, or after a few cocktails, and not have to worry about a few beauty marks that I might inflict. It's really serving me well for a sub $300 investment.
    Even with the great tools this site has for photos, I'm still not having any luck...

5. ESSER

ESSER Active Member

after a few manhood?? ;D poxy word filter, or was that intentional?

Hey 02, try photobucket dot com for a free online image storage account.

Upload your pics there and then COPY the bottom URL, (the IMG one) and then PASTE it into your post here to get the image to show. Nothing else is needed. just PASTE the whole thing here.

The one you need is the bottom of the three, under your pic there. ;)

6. oasis02

oasis02 Member

Yes, I noticed that wording after my post.... I should have just said "drinks"....
    [img width=238 height=480]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x266/oasis02/sgfinale.jpg[/img]

7. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Another Ric Dude.
    Alright!!!

I have a 381 V69.

Welcome aboard.

Neo

Attached Files: