new pics from the Dallas Guitar Show

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by oldrockfan, Apr 17, 2011.

1. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

Thought I would share a few pics from the dallas guitar show this weekend. I didn't have any money to buy guitars this year so limited my walking the floor to one afternoon and spent the rest of the time catching the music. I can say that vintage prices are still falling. If I had the cash, I saw some really nice playing guitars for not a huge amount of money.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oldrockfan

and as usual, some really good bands including some allstar lineups that really did have the talent. Rather than type out all the names, I will just post up the pics and say it was a great weekend of music. My boys even competed in the top 10 under 20 contest. They didn't win but did do a good job and had alot of fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. oldrockfan

and of course I have to include one of my boys band when they were setting up to play. Now couple things to say about that. The contest required everyone to use house amps. So I am thinking ok no biggie as long as the amps are decent. Then I see they have a fender tube amp for clean tones and a blackstar for higher gain stuff. I think ok that works, the other guitarist is a strat player so will use the fender and my son can use the blackstar. Well as luck would have it... as they are setting up, the blackstar amp craps out :( so I think ok no biggie, they will just grab another amp to use. Well they didn't have a spare amp >:( ok now Dad is getting ticked off. I had several great sounding tube amps I would have been happy to bring along. Then they say not to worry, we found an amp and it was a bass amp from the group new bohemians that were going on after our boys :angryfire: So my son played the dallas guitar show contest using a bass amp! The thing sounded so muddy, it really held my son back. He tried his best but just couldn't get any tone out of the thing during his solos. Disappointing outcome but still fun for the boys to get to perform at the show so not all bad. I just wish I had pushed harder to let the boys use their own amp. Oh and I officially hate blackstar amps now!!!!!

[​IMG]

4. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

I want all those SGs.

That's really too bad about the amp ORF. Blackstars are usually pretty highly regarded too.

I had my amp crap out on me once and I had to use the house's Genz Benz. It sounded like sandpaper.

5. oldrockfan

I talked to the guy with the yellow one and he said it was the only one made that year in that color. It was not for sale but probably worth s tidy sum if he decides to ever sell it. I would love to own a vintage SG some day.