New SG Special Colors

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
They need to issue them with the following finishes:

Vintage Cherry
Ebony
Classic White
TV Yellow (translucent, not opaque)

Offer a small guard version with Slim Taper neck in Original Collection.
Offer a batwing version with fat rounded neck in Modern Collection.

Eliminate the SG Tribute.

Last edited:

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
Interesting, I don't see the old colors anymore either, so these must be replacing them.

skelt101

Reaction score
Interesting, I don't see the old colors anymore either, so these must be replacing them.
That is interesting! The Sparkling Burgundy and Pelham Blue were still up earlier today, but are gone now. I guess that means they’re officially collectible! :rofl:

Kyle Lanning

Reaction score
Guess my original Sparkling Burgundy from late 2018 with the crappy PCB electronics is now officially worth more money! Thanks Gibson.

I definitely like the trans finish better, but mark my words - if I know Gibson, they'll throw a million of these out at once and the QC for these is gonna be rough.

football27

Reaction score
I too have a Pelham blue SG. But I do like the classic Cherry color.

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
I definitely like the trans finish better, but mark my words - if I know Gibson, they'll throw a million of these out at once and the QC for these is gonna be rough.

Nothing has changed except the finish. The Pelham Blue and Sparkling Burgundy were never a limited production run.

An Abiding Dude

Reaction score
It'd be cool if they did the classic batwing instead of the half guard on these to set them off from the previous iteration.

Latest posts