New to ETSG

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by gibsonsgharpplayer, May 2, 2007.

1. gibsonsgharpplayer

gibsonsgharpplayer New Member

I have enjoyed this site for a couple of months now and just figuring out how things work. (still having trouble figuring out how to post pics) You all are really open with sharing info and helping each other and I think that is great.

I've had my SG Deluxe since '71 or '72 (still trying to recall for sure). My dad bought it for about $350, as I remember it, to replace my Tiesco Del Ray (Jap guitar which I still have) My SG had gone unappreciated for some time until I pulled her out for some gigs with a blues band I play harmonica in. The headstock was broken and a local master luthier repaired it. He is a cool guy, check out his site http://www.srvnumber1.com/ - He is an SRV devotee and a strat guy but he did a fine job on my Gibson.

We play once a week in a bar in St. Louis called Backstreet Blues & Jazz . We have a blast ( I lose money if my wife comes because we have to pay a babysitter.....and she drinks) playing Muddy, BB, Albert, Freddie, JLH, Little Walter, etc. and we throw in some Cream, ZZ, Allman Bros. and Stevie Ray.

Any harp players out there check our "Bottle O Blues" mics. I discovered these on ebay and they are inexpensive and a very cool addition to your mic case.

Looking forward to more interaction with the ETSG folks.

2. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

Welcome to ETSG !

3. Lex Lurid

Lex Lurid Active Member

Welcome to ETSG gibsonsgharplayer.

Nice to have a Harp Man on board. O0 The last Band I was in was led by a Great Vocalist who also happened to play one of the meanest Harps I have heard in years. A MUCH underrated Instrument in my view. Anyway, glad you have "Formally" joined us and I look forward to seeing you out on the Boards (as they say!)

Pip Pip
    Lexie ;D

4. Pickngrin

Pickngrin Member

Welcome! A good harp player is real asset!
    I'm new too, and still looking around. I havent tried to attach a pic yet, but I've read the rules, and if you look under The rules and procedures section there is a thread on posting pics. If you make a contribution you can upload a pic to this this site, otherwise, you can only link to pic already hosted at another site. ...If I understand correctly.
    Be careful, they have a size restriction.

5. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Welcome aboard!

Neo

6. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to ETSG gibsonsgharpplayer! :) :) :)

Pix posting is easy. Register at photobucket.com (or similar host) put your pix there....... copy the IMG....... bring it back here and paste it in your post.

7. izdlizard

izdlizard Member

Welcome aboard Harp

8. SG John

SG John Well-Known Member

Welcome to ETSG. BTW, I figured out how to make a million bucks playing in a bar band... start with two million! ;D

9. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

welcome aboard and boy can I relate to the fact bar scene is not to get rich. Believe it or not, in my youth, our band used to play for 4+ hours for 20 bucks per member in our 4 piece. Usually paid for gas and food/beer after the gig and that is about it. Still very fun though!

10. gibsonsgharpplayer

gibsonsgharpplayer New Member

Yeah:
    We all have day jobs. However I have to say, there arent many hobbies that you can have this much fun with and they pay you ( albeit just a small cut) At 45 years old I am not looking for a recording contract. So it is a hobby. At least I can buy strings and a new harp every now & then.