New Tube Amp

Tony_Orto

Reaction score
Im getting a new amp, preferably tube. I dont care if it's a combo or not and Im thinking about the Marshall Dsl40 the Blackstar ht40 orange dual terror or th30. It needs to be louder than a drummer and if you have any other suggestions throw me one. I would prefer to stay away from heavy and huge stacks also.

eS.G.

Reaction score
Your Welcome
http://www.music-group.com/Categori...ar-Combo-Amplifiers/BC30-212/p/P0738/Features
BC30-212_P0738_Right_L.png

Kerry Brown

Reaction score

iblive

Reaction score
I have a Traynor YGM3, 20w, 1-12. Bought it in 1974. Been retubed and new speaker installed. Weighs a ton. Wouldn't part with it.

Tony_Orto

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. These are all great amps, but im particularly interested in the Bugera Bc30, the traynor ycv and the vox..let me go do my research.

CATMANDUE

Reaction score
By the way Canadian guys, are Traynors still made in Canada? I remember some good sounding ones I heard back in the 70s. There was another cool amp company from Canada also, I can't remember the name now.

Kerry Brown

Reaction score
By the way Canadian guys, are Traynors still made in Canada? I remember some good sounding ones I heard back in the 70s. There was another cool amp company from Canada also, I can't remember the name now.
I think they are assembled here. PCBs probably come from China or Mexico. My YCV50 says made in Canada but it is a few years old. Not sure exactly as I bought it used but it was still a current model five years ago.

Tony_Orto

Reaction score

Tony_Orto

Reaction score
Check Traynor amps. Long and McQuade sell them. Very well built, excellent sound. I've got a YCV50 Blue. Anything from the YCV20 and above can keep up to a drummer. If you are gigging or going back and forth to jams they are great. They are built like tanks.

http://traynoramps.com

https://www.long-mcquade.com/6512/G...ve_50_Watt_All-Tube_1x12_Guitar_Combo_Amp.htm

Is the 80 watt version any different when it comes to tone and other specifications and features or is it just more powerfull?

frankd

Reaction score
Jet city 20 would be choice outta all the afore mentioned but Im a straight up
reliable and tube amp guy and Jet city is that.

Kerry Brown

Reaction score
Is the 80 watt version any different when it comes to tone and other specifications and features or is it just more powerfull?
Never even seen the YCV80 but from the specs it will be louder. Two speakers vs one so a fuller sound. Celestion 70/80 speakers which many people say are flat and a little dull compared to the Vintage 30 in the YCV50 but speakers are a very personal thing. If you're not playing huge venues I'd get the YCV50 and a YCX12V cab if you want two speakers. A quick search doesn't find any YVV80s at any dealers.

Bettyboo

Reaction score
These new Marshall Bluesbreakers seem really cool; 7w, 15w, 30w and 450w versions.

Tony_Orto

Reaction score
I like the idea of the bass breaker but im really intrigued by the jet city 50h and the 2x12 cab. Should I buy used on "the bay" or buy new from musician's Friend? For new its almost double the price.

dcwave

Reaction score
Keep in mind if you go the DSL or Blackstar route that you are getting Tube Hybrid amps. I have worked on both, and have owned both. The gain stage is back to back diode clipping before it ever hits a tube--not necessarily a bad thing, it's like having a built in pedal before the tube. The Blackstar has so many IC op amps - it's mostly a transistor amp with a handful of tubes to add color

Latest posts