NGD '21 prophecy

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by MikeT57, Nov 29, 2021.

1. MikeT57

MikeT57 Member

Wow . Had to take advantage of GC 15% coupon.. told the wife I saved her a bunch of cash.. blown away by the variety of tones this thing puts out... A tad heavier than a Standard SG but not by much... really pleased..., 20211129_000643_remastered.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  2. GearHead

GearHead New Member

SWEET! The Prophecy guitars are nice! A Custom, Custom! Has Fishman pickups? How do they sound?

3. MikeT57

MikeT57 Member

Superb

4. Col Mustard

Col Mustard Well-Known Member

very cool...
    Epiphones seem to get better and better.
    I sure like mine
    Caledonia 2016@100.jpg

pancake81 likes this.
  5. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

One thing I really love with the new Epiphones is that they are making the split diamond head stock inlay larger. It looks really sharp in my opinion. When it was really scaled down it never really looked quite right. But now with the new (old) headstock shape and now with the custom split diamond they are really nailing it.

6. pancake81

Absolutely nothing wrong with a good epiphone Col., as you well know. Funny how some folks act all high and mighty against the brand. A year or two ago I sold my Gretsch hollow body as I really wanted to try a thinline semi hallow Gibson or Epihpne. I settled on a 20 year old Korean Sheraton from the other side of the country. $800 Canadian with a brand new hardshell and $110 of that purchase cost was shipping. A heck of a lot cheaper than $3500 for a 335, or heaven for bid one of my dream 355's.

The guitar came with a good set up and plays excellent. Sounds good too! No need for me (a measly basement player who "band mates" would be considered youtube) to swap out pots or pick ups. And this is before Epiphone started using US made and Gibson parts.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I was in Nashville, and you wouldn't belive how many professional musicians are using Epiphones. So many in fact, I would point out a Gibson to my friend when we saw one. I would say 6 out of 10 guitarist were playing Epiphone, 3-4 would be playing something else, and 1-2 were actually playing a Gibson. And man, could those folks play. Just absolutely stellar playing and sound from so many. Just like watching Andertones Gibson vs Epiphone youtube vids, its next to impossible to distinguish between them when they are played in isolation back to back. Through in a band and some top tier playing and you will be foot taping and dancing all night long.

For 20 years old, there aint anything wrong with this guitar.

[​IMG]

Go Nigel Go and dub-setter like this.
  7. everdying

everdying Well-Known Member

i still once in awhile regret not getting the prophecy SG with Dirty Fingers...10yrs ago when they were cheap and no one wanted them...

pancake81 likes this.
  8. pancake81

i know what you mean. I remember in the early 2000’s bringing home an epiphone Les Paul Custom that was around $350 - $400 back then. Guitar played good, but I thought I would save up more and buy a Gibson Les Paul. You know, but once cry once. Well.. I wish I would have kept that guitar. Be a nice little addition