NGD - Blackie 61 RI

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
Hey there Like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, was this new from the factory with the solder issues when your friend got it?? That's wack if so. VERY Wack. I am guessing, no PCB in controls?

Last edited:

likea45

Reaction score
I think my friend had the stock pups out at one time and had another less experienced person doing the rewiring.
I didn't want him to feel bad so I didn't mention it. Didn't seem like a factory thing though. Guitar is solid although has been getting less action since the custom arrived.:naughty:

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
Seems like a '71 re-issue would look like this:
View attachment 27490
or maybe like this
View attachment 27491
Or maybe this... Gibson should re-issue these for sure.
View attachment 27492

But congratulations 45, on finding the problem with the pickups. I've had this experience too, where I find an interesting guitar at a very attractive price, and buy it, and then examine it to figure out why the guy sold it.

Often it's not difficult to find and fix whatever was bugging the previous owner IMHO. Put that right, get the instrument set up properly and it gets a whole new life.

Much better than mouldering away in the case under someone's bed, unplayed.

Col, That '71 is like SMitty's, while 45 got himself a 61 RI,,, unless I am confused why you posted the 71's

lcw

Reaction score
Very nice '61 RI! I love black SGs!! What model is it?

Col Mustard

Reaction score
Col, That '71 is like SMitty's, while 45 got himself a 61 RI,,, unless I am confused why you posted the 71's

well, I was making a joke, man... there was a post a few higher than mine
where GibboSG said he oughta post his '71 re-isshoo... so I responded by
suggesting that Gibson should actually do this. Maybe they'd sell 'em by the
boat load. Maybe NOT! I'd be curious. Gibson has done stupider things.
But I like Gibson and want them to succeed, and keep making great guitars.

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
Col, I wasn't doggin ya,,,,,,,,,,,,, I was just confused. Sometimes I read too many threads too many places and wig out and was mostly seein if I had things straight. Wasn't sure if you thought he said 71 and posted the pics depicting one instead of a 61

No worries bro, I missed where Gibbo SG said that about the 71. Now I understand.

Last edited:

Latest posts