NGD--First Post, First SG!

Erik72

Reaction score
Hi all,
Lurked here a bit recently, and after holding out as long as I could, I finally pulled the trigger on my first SG! She arrived today--a CME exclusive Standard in the Coral finish. The honeymoon effect is in full swing, but after only a little play time, I can already tell that this guitar is going to inspire me to play more and to play better. Cheers to everyone, and thanks for the resource that is provided by this forum!
Best,
Erik

upload_2021-3-24_15-56-6.jpeg
upload_2021-3-24_15-58-36.jpeg

jonnyfez

Reaction score
Hi all,
Lurked here a bit recently, and after holding out as long as I could, I finally pulled the trigger on my first SG! She arrived today--a CME exclusive Standard in the Coral finish. The honeymoon effect is in full swing, but after only a little play time, I can already tell that this guitar is going to inspire me to play more and to play better. Cheers to everyone, and thanks for the resource that is provided by this forum!
Best,
Erik

View attachment 44333
View attachment 44334
Those CME SGs look awesome. The olive drab one caught my eye. Congrats.

DRC68

Reaction score
Congrats! Cool color choice. Digging the block inlays too.

OldDog

Reaction score
Johnson strat? I have two of those, one in the same color. Love the sound. I like to see SGs in unusual finishes.

Erik72

Reaction score
Johnson strat? I have two of those, one in the same color. Love the sound. I like to see SGs in unusual finishes.
Good eye on the EJ! I love that guitar. Hoping to add maple neck version someday...

laza616

Reaction score
What is CME? Is this some special run? I love the pink color and these block inlays looks fantastic on SG
Congrats

Erik72

Reaction score
What is CME? Is this some special run? I love the pink color and these block inlays looks fantastic on SG
Congrats
Sorry, that's Chicago Music Exchange. It is a special run, and they call this color "Coral". They also have a Shell Pink version, which I may have gone for had it been in stock. Thanks!

ruster1

Reaction score
Fantastic looker.. I hear those T-type pups are quite good.. I have a 76 SG that had 57's in it but put some Vineham 6070's T-top clones in it and they sound fantastic.. I am not a fan of the tortoise on all the colors.. but on the coral it looks good.. black may have been a bit stark.. enjoy !!

Col Mustard

Reaction score
Welcome to ETSG...

And congratulations on a fine choice of guitar... you obviously make good choices
judging by your other axes. You've got a lot of tonal ground covered with that trio.

NiteGoat

Reaction score
Hi all,
Best,
Erik

View attachment 44333
View attachment 44334
I love those SGs. The ones I heard, sounded great. I love that Coral color too. Enjoy! The "Shell Pink" is my fave; it reminds me of my "Panther Pink" 1985 Gibson Flying V. Selling that guitar is one of only two regrets I have.

Latest posts