NGD - Partscaster Tele!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Ray, May 4, 2019.

1. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Yeah, been a long time since I posted on the forum. Thought I'd show you the guitar bought last week, for a little over 300 Euro.
    252_443315643(2).jpg
    rsz_20190426_161000.jpg
    252_1466984405.jpg
    rsz_20190429_115604.jpg
    Specs:
    Body: Jack & Danny
    Neck: Licensed Fender with Steinberger Gearless Tuners
    Bridge: Fender (USA)
    Electronic: Texas Special Bridge & Neck Pickup (Fender USA) 4 Way switch, CTS pots and Orange Drop capacitor (USA)
    + expensive looking and perfectly working straplocks!

I been wanting a black Tele-type axe with singlecoils for ages. (I split the humbucker on my old natural-finished Carvin Tele but the sound and playability of that axe doesnt deliver anymore. Its only kept for memories..)

But this little black gem...First, I gotta admit, it was the looks that got me hooked. Its simply the coolest looking Tele I've ever seen. (I cant stand light fretboards).. And then I saw it had these supercool pickups.

There was some minor stuff, like a few frets had some marks, and also there's a tiny crack at the far end of the fretboard, under the light Estring, near the neck pu, but it doesnt seem to affect anything. That little crack can barely be seen on any of my photos, will post more pics when I get the guitar back next week. Also the fretboard is a bit longer than the neck, but I dont care, it doesnt affect anything as far as Im concerned. I love this guitar:)
    20190504_160350.jpg

The band Im in, SKADA, is recording a new album now in May, and this geetar will most def be used for 3 or 4 tracks. The Texas Special set is really something. The bridge pu has a DCresistance on approx 10, so its pretty hot. And it sounds killer. With the switch in middle position (pickups in regular parallell-wiring) I get THE Tele-sound. Just awesomely crazy cool...

Funny this 4 way switch Fenderaxes now sometimes has. In the "new" 4th position, with the pu's in series-wiring, so that the pu's work as a humbucker, I get this ultrafat, dark humbucker sound. Very Sweat Leaf'ish....

But I was sceptical to those Steinberger tuners.. it took me a few minutes to get my head around them, but when I finally did I saw the light. :) These are killer tuners, stays rocksolid in tune and they are very, very easy to really finetune, exactly like my Locking Grovers, which I luuuuv.

With my fave strings on, D'Addario NYXL .11-56, I tighted the truss rod a little. Great playability.
    But! I played it real hard on last rehearsal, really thrashing those lower strings, and that was when I busted the nut.
    I think it was plastic, and I have delivered it to my go-to-guy when it comes to info and repairs. For a OK price he gonna take a look at some of those frets and hes also filing a brand new bonenut for me. I will have the guitar back on monday, in good tome before we go into the studio on thursday, hehe.
    rsz_20190429_115628.jpg

And, yeah, another huuuge plus: the neck is as thin as on my 2018 SG Standard!

Now, play!

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    arcticsg likes this.
  2. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

Sweet looking Telecaster. That’s a very good price as well. Congrats!

Ray likes this.
  3. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Thanks,man! Yeah, that price was very good, even though I had to get a new nut.
    A LOT of geetar this is, anyhoos!
    And, man, the sound I get playing slide in open G-tuning on this baby is simply addictive! :)

Gahr likes this.