NGD: Score! 2013 Gibson LPJ Pro.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by rotorhead, May 8, 2020.

1. rotorhead

rotorhead Well-Known Member

Just got home from picking up a 2013 Gibson Les Paul LPJ Pro in burst flavor. It's all stock and in beautiful shape, bought it from a friend who decided to sell off most of his stuff because he never plays anymore. Cost was $350 (quite a deal, really).

Pics to come soon. I gotta clean the dust off and adjust the bow in the neck a little and do some minor setup adjustments first.

It was a totally random find. I have this kind of weirdo affinity for odd versions of Gibsons, usually for the lower cost trial versions like the Firebrands, etc. This LPJ series was only made from 2013 to 2014, with a few differences between the two year models.

I'm guessing Gibson tried to fill the gap between higher end Epi and lower end LPs with this LPJ. It didn't sell all too well so they just shelved it, I reckon.

It's a working man's LP for sure. Satin finish, stock Klusion tuners, no binding, etc. It has the silkscreen "Gibson" on the head but not the "Les Paul Series" on it. The TR cover says "LPJ". I'm pretty sure the pups are 490r/ 490t.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Astral Traveler likes this.
  2. Astral Traveler

Astral Traveler Active Member

Cool! HNGD!

3. rotorhead

Thx!

I did take a few pics but I get the "file too large" when I try to load them. Hmm...

They loaded up into my gallery but not sure how to put them in a post.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  4. Clifdawg

Clifdawg Well-Known Member

I’m not sure the LPJ and SGJ didn’t sell well... I think they had the exact opposite problem: selling US-made Gibsons at prices that were competing with Chinese Epiphones - and that had a reputation of being great guitars! Great score. Enjoy! Can’t wait to see some photos!

rotorhead likes this.
  5. rotorhead

Honestly, I don't know if they sold well or not. I just kind of assumed not because they only ran the LPJ and SGJ for two years lol.

Pics are in my profile album, though. I'm not sure how to take them from there into these posts :(

http://www.everythingsg.com/media/20200508_123103.3299/#media

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  6. rotorhead

7. Hola Vibrola

Hola Vibrola Member

Looks like a cool rock-solid working guitar, nice find - Congrats!

rotorhead likes this.