NGD! SG special in pelham blue

zeppelinpage4

Reaction score
Hi guys! Little late to share, I finally got around to taking some pics and recording a demo vid. Appreciate all the help and advice I’ve gotten here. Was trying to choose my first SG and ended up getting the special. I’m a sucker for pelham blue and have been amazed with the wide range of tones this guitar gets just from tweaking the volume and tone knobs, from sweet cleans to aggressive gain and everything in between. Adjusted the setup to my liking and oiled the fretboard and now I can’t put it down.

Pics and video with tones below! Being my first SG, I got inspired to hammer out some AC/DC riffs as soon as i brought it home…I know they’re not humbuckers, but these p90’s still sound stellar for hard rock.
Decided to have a little fun with it and don the school uniform too.:rofl:

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-19_21-54-11.gif
    upload_2022-1-19_21-54-11.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1

skelt101

Reaction score
Hard to beat an SG with P90s for hard rock! :dude:

zeppelinpage4

Reaction score
Nice playing! I have the same guitar. Pretty much the perfect SG if you ask me.
Thanks! Yeah, it checked off all my boxes. Hand wired w/orange drop caps, bound neck, fast slim neck with great upper fret access, cool finish, has hard case and all for a pretty good price relative to how mucj other Gibsons and US made guitars sell for.

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
P90s are excellent, versatile pickups. And the current Special is one of the best bang for your buck options since the Classic was discontinued.

Latest posts