NGD.

papagayo

Reaction score
Nice SG, congrats.

With 5 ply wide bevel pickguard, Faber / Gibson ABR-1 bridge convers, taller pickup rings, vintage repro knobs your SG wjll be perfect :cheers:

The 2013 finish is nice, not orange like 2020 and 2021 mdels

Last edited:

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
Change the guard, bridge, rings, knobs right out the gate on a new guitar? Whatever happened to just playing it?

This is a JACK...

full

This is a PLUG...

full

This is a VIBROLA....

full

Last edited:

papagayo

Reaction score
Change the guard, bridge, rings, knobs right out the gate on a new guitar? Whatever happened to just playing it?

This is a JACK...

full

This is a PLUG...

full

This is a VIBROLA....

full

You have just amazing technical background ...

pancake81

Reaction score
Tell me about the vintage reproduction knobs. What’s the difference? Both look like silver reflector top hats.

I am pretty picky, but I don’t change the pick up rings. That’s very particular. But hey, if it means something to you and you like it, Give er hell!

Nice SG, congrats.

With 5 ply wide bevel pickguard, Faber / Gibson ABR-1 bridge convers, taller pickup rings, vintage repro knobs your SG wjll be perfect :cheers:

The 2013 finish is nice, not orange like 2020 and 2021 mdels

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
Difference is in the font.
They all function the same way.

1963 SG Special

full

2004 SG Classic

full

Last edited:

papagayo

Reaction score
Tell me about the vintage reproduction knobs. What’s the difference? Both look like silver reflector top hats.

I am pretty picky, but I don’t change the pick up rings. That’s very particular. But hey, if it means something to you and you like it, Give er hell!

Vintage repro knobs has a smooth top

Gibson SG White 222 1.JPG

SG Standard TBK 116.jpg

Tom Dickinson

Reaction score
Viper, that's my 'dream' guitar! I have the Epiphone repro version, loaded right now with EMG pups but changing to OE Gibson electronics overall. Having played SGs for over 50 years now, I think I can fairly well say that the Epi I have isn't a 'bad' rendition, and perhaps on par with what a newer OE Gibson might sound or play like. But.....it still ain't a Gibson!! I've thought about going out and guying an older SG in vintage cherry and adding the vibrola, but then is that a travesty? My experience is that most any vibrola/trem unit will have an ill-effect on the instrument in perhaps more ways than one; sound, tuning, value, 'playability', etc. But, the 'looks' of your guitar are just stunning to me! Wish I owned it!! Very cool............!!! TD

Latest posts