NKD (new keyboard day)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Metal89, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Metal89

Metal89 Well-Known Member

Well my home studio is now complete!! Got this little number for my bday! For 160$ the sound quality is really good, especially the grand piano setting. Had to get a power supply sold separately so guitar center got me a set that came with that the cheap ol head phones,as well as a sustain pedal. All in all 211$ after it was all said and done. So now to figure out how to interface it with my DAW and then I can finish my songs. image.jpg

Rain and Biddlin like this.
  2. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

congrats there

3. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

Looks cool. I suppose it is either MIDI or USB and should be easy enough to connect to your DAWS.

4. Metal89

Everything I read before buying it says it does support midi and can connect it via a printer chord to the computer. It's just me figureing out how to then get Reaper to pick it up and see if theres an easy way to quickly switch from the guitar port to the keyboard.

5. Metal89

Hey, Dbb. You seem to be in the know about keyboards, or at least the recording aspect. I've read that this one can be used as a midi controller. Is there a sight I can download something like a digital amp like gearbox for guitars? Different effects for keyboards?