NOS 2015 SG...

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by sTEELROY, Aug 13, 2017.

1. sTEELROY

sTEELROY Member

2. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

The 2015 SGs are great! Really high quality for the second hand prices IMHO. Full gloss finishes and the gold cases are great. There have been an influx with 2015 owners lately. Any plans to mod it?

Also, welcome to the madhouse! :thumb:

BATACLAN and steve smeds like this.
  3. MikeT57

MikeT57 Member

I snagged one of these a few months ago myself from samash. With the gold hard case it was 600 out the door. .. plays really nice.... as far as removing the scribble from the headstock goes, how would you do that without damaging it?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  4. jakbur

jakbur New Member

For all we know, someday that 100 signature will be sought after! Leave it alone.

steve smeds likes this.
  5. steve smeds

steve smeds Member

Cool axe. I have a 15 Std. Heritage Cherry too. Love it

6. arnie5150

arnie5150 New Member

Congrats! I just scored a 2015 Standard from Samash's vault sale. Couldn't be happier. O would never have been able to justify the price of one had it not been for this sale.

7. BillW

BillW Member

I have a 2015 Standard and love it. The wider neck really suits me. The burst finish, and gold case, are really nice. I'm not fully sold on the G-Force but I currently have it installed, after some time without it. Useful for changing tunings (such as for RockSmith :-) but it does not always tune reliably the first time.
    If I didn't already have multiple SG's I would be buying up more of them.
    -- Bill

guitar.jpg

grausch, njpaulc and SG standard like this.
  8. SG standard

SG standard Well-Known Member

Did you try adjusting the calibration? I haven't had to do that on any of the three G-Force tuners I've had, but I did need to do it to the MinE-tune in 2014 (earlier version of G-Force). You can balance the tuning speed and accuracy - I found a slight reduction in speed solved the occasional off-tuning. Also, are you using strum tuning or individual string? If you keep the 'on' button down for a few seconds it goes into individual string mode (single string LED lit) and this is a bit more accurate (e.g. in noisy environments), so you might find this helps without adjusting the calibration.

9. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

+1 on the Calibration. Whenever I had mine on my 2015, I calibrated it every time I changed strings. But after the 1st year and a half of playing mine, the tuners died, so I got rid of them in favor of Hipshot Locking Tuners. Granted, I play out and sweat a lot, so I'm guessing that the humidity I played them in and how much I sweated did them in, because it said in the manual "Do not expose to heat or humidity." Oh well.:facepalm:

If I didn't just put a Les Paul on layaway, I would get another one to leave as a hardtail because I put a Bigsby on mine. It sucks for me though, because I paid more than that and at the time I got it I had a great deal. Those are practically being given away at the current prices...
    :cheers:
    Anyway, here's a picture of mine...
    [​IMG]

10. njpaulc

njpaulc Well-Known Member

They really did the burst well on those, looks really purty.