NPD Swampy Blues Band in a box

Discussion in 'Effects' started by Karathas, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Karathas

Karathas Well-Known Member

Got myself 2 Pedals today and a power supply.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wanted to up my tone a bit and I love Tremelo so much. So during my research of what i wanted..i stupidly tried out a Strymon Flint...I was hooked...the Tremelo is great and the reverb on it rocks as well..what did me in..was they sound amazing together on the pedal...it blew me away..had to have it.

Then i was looking at more pedals and came across the Digitech Trio..it creates baselines and drum rhythms from what you play to it. essentially it becomes your rhythm section. I tried it out at the guitar store and was very impressed. so it went on my list as well...

Having pedals now that were more demanding power wise..i decided i needed a more stable power supply..hence the one spot pro.

So i just finished playing with my new toys...have to say...i am blown away again....it stepped up my game having a little rhythm section to play along with...and to hear that swampy tremelo and reverb from the strymon along with it..man it was beautiful.

frankd, RVA and Bettyboo like this.
  2. Bettyboo

Bettyboo Well-Known Member

That Strymon Flint is bound to be amazing - I've never tried one of their products, but the couple of folks I know that have them, love them. Not cheap though.

Many folks love their Trios, so that should be loads of fun.

A decent PSU seems to be a must as the pedal collection expands; my daisy chain struggles with many of my pedals, so I also recently bought a good PSU - haven't set it up yet though. That 1 spot gets good reviews and the price is great (might help to balance that Strymon! :D).

Reviews will be required!

Karathas likes this.
  3. Karathas

Karathas Well-Known Member

I was already having daisy chain noise issues with the 3 pedals i had...so i knew i had to change to a PSU......I have my Unpleasant Surprise Fuzz, a metal zone, a snark tuner and now the Strymon and the trio. biggest problem i'm having right now is that none of them want to go beside the other...too many weird ways the connections are placed...wish they would have it more streamlined that way. I put the Trio and the Flint in my effects loop..seems to be a great place for them...the trio needs it because i dont want the drums and bass getting distorted..same for the Flint.

soon as i get some time and play the pedals more i will do a little review on them

4. RVA

RVA Well-Known Member

That is a nice update!

I have run out of power from my Voodo and have 2 power strips strapped to my board as well. I was thinkming about upgrading to the Voodoo Mondo!