NSD: Warehouse Guitar Speakers

SGspecial

Reaction score
The big brown truck brought me a big box of speakers yesterday. I got two WGS ET65's and two Veteran 30's. I'm replacing the dull sounding Eminence ones in my Jet City 4x12. I won't have time to get them installed until next week but we have two gigs the following weekend so I'll know after that how I like them.

I already have two ET90's in my VHT rig. I'm very impressed with WGS. Great tone, construction, and very reasonable prices.

gball

Reaction score
Good choice! The WGS sound as good as anything you can buy, and are made in the US, for a great price.

frankd

Reaction score
Good to see ya still kicking Special congrats you going to do a X pattern with those 4
I presume.
Frankd

SGspecial

Reaction score
Hey Frank. I've read too many stories about people not being happy with the X. I'm planning on putting the ET65's on top of the Vet 30's. Have you had experience with the X pattern?

frankd

Reaction score
Well I have a 2 x12 with celestion Vin 30 and 65 watt creamback combination correct me if wrong but the wgs
et 65 is their version of 65 watt creamback I believe ? And it sounds great but its a LOUD MFR.
My 4x12 is celestion hot 100's and is easier on the ears in small area than the 2x12 semi open back.
I would close the back with just two screws and try your idea awhile and then switch to the X
But don't forget its going to take awhile for those speakers to break in. I like the vin 30 and creambacks
over my greenback . You should get some great sound with that combo of speakers . I don't believe mine are truly broke in yet and I been playing it off and on a pretty good while.

thatbastarddon

Reaction score
Frankd is not kidding around... I've been a big WGS fan for a few years now, and I liked every speaker that I've installed from the start. But, as they break in, they get even better! My reaper loaded 2x12 has been my go-to cab for a few years now(1 regular, and 1 55hz WGS reaper).... It has aged well, and broken in nicely. I think that my band mates would stab me if I showed up at a gig with something else.

I also have a 1x12 loaded with an et65 that has gotten better with age...it's my favorite tiny punk rock rig. It usually hangs out in my livingroom, but it's the cab I grab if I'm just going out to visit...

I put a WGS green beret speaker in to an orange 1x12 that sounded flabby with the original celestion v30. What a huge improvement! I'm still breaking that one in with a tiny terror in my spare time. It's a raw rock beast!

WGS speakers have been doing great with every hour I've spent with them.

I hope that you have fun with yours!

SGspecial

Reaction score
BEFORE

DSCN0871_zpstem3pw9s.jpg

DSCN0874_zpsvimcfy1h.jpg

DSCN0880_zpshs4rar1x.jpg

AFTER

DSCN0875_zpston5vvxh.jpg

DSCN0881_zpsd1mlntg8.jpg

DSCN0884_zpskgbpaa37.jpg

gball

Reaction score
Nice update! Curious, why did you choose to go 2-and-2 instead of an "X" pattern? Is there a sonic reason to have both ET65's on top?

SGspecial

Reaction score
Nice update! Curious, why did you choose to go 2-and-2 instead of an "X" pattern? Is there a sonic reason to have both ET65's on top?

According to WGS: "Possibly the best WGS speaker combination we can recommend is the ET65 paired with a Veteran 30™. Your cabinet will sound more full and colorful than you ever imagined. If you are putting together a 4x12 cab, we suggest either an "X" pattern or the ET65's on top of the Veteran 30's."

Not a sonic reason, but the ET65's are 7.5# each and the Vet 30's are 10# each. So if I'm playing outdoors in a strong wind the cab will be more stable. You buy that, right? Hopefully I'll have time to hear it tomorrow.

gball

Reaction score
Good enough for me - if those guys recommend it that way I am sure it sounds awesome. Thinking about one of those ET65's for my new Budda, let us know how they sound.

gtone

Reaction score
Congrats! Thing I dig about WGS speakers is that they sound good right out of the box and stay that way. Some speakers need a good break-in period to sound good (certain Webers for instance), others start to get loose in the bottom end after they really get some hrs on 'em (certain Celestions and Jensens) while still others never seem to sound good old or new (Eminence - j/k!).

Hope you make a whole lotta joyful noise with 'em!

SGspecial

Reaction score
It sounds great. I ran the Rockitt Retro 50 through it yesterday. With minor EQ tweaks it was nice. I'll use it for a club gig on Friday and an outdoor gig on Saturday. Should know what it's capable of by then.

If any of you want four Eminence 12" 16 ohm speakers I'd send them to you for the cost of shipping (I can determine that from the UPS website with your zip code). My wife says they are taking up too much room.

SGspecial

Reaction score
Here's an update in case anyone is still watching this thread. The Eminence speakers have a new home. I'm definitely keeping the WGS in there.

It really rocked the Friday night club gig. The Saturday outdoor gig got cancelled because of rain. We have another outdoor gig just north of Nashville this weekend so I'm looking forward to that.

Does it look better after I removed those gawdy emblems?

DSCN0889_zps8u1hsfzh.jpg

gball

Reaction score
Nice. Very understated. Very cool.

Glad to hear that they worked out tone-wise.

thatbastarddon

Reaction score
A nice clean look that still gets the message across! Looks great!

Latest posts