Oil can guitar build

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
Sweet car. Love the Ranchero. Didn't expect that being somewhat less common than the sedan versions. 289 and a 4 speed should get you down the road pretty nicely, and I'm sure that disc brake upgrade comes in handy in today's traffic... :cheers:

beerbelly

Reaction score
Ya, I rebuilt the front suspension and added the disc brakes right after I bought it 6 years ago, because I planned to drive the wheels off it. I average about 10,000 miles a year.

beerbelly

Reaction score
It's ALIVE!.jpg

What a crazy, fun build. Functionally, it works just like an electric guitar should; ergonomically, it's a freakin' nightmare to play, at least sitting down, even more so than the muffler guitar (but A LOT lighter!). It might actually play better on a strap, but my strap is set up for Schaller strap locks, and I don't have the strap buttons needed right now.

That Epi P90 has some great picking response, and really kicks out the bass. Two items need attention; the nut is WAY too high, and since I'm a cheap a$$ and used an old import jack, it cuts out when I jiggle it. Easy fixes.

And I ordered an NOS airline ashtray to use as a pick holder; I'll mount it on the top edge.

front, horiz.jpg back, horiz.jpg front, rear 3:4.jpg headstock, front 3:4.jpg guts.jpg p.jpg

Latest posts