Ordering from Sweetwater - My experience

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Alex, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

There is a good chance that they will monitor this thread since it deals with them........ Something like Gibson stopping by from time to time............ officially or unofficially.

2. vic108

vic108 Well-Known Member

Sweetwater is more than aware of this thread.....

the guy yer talking about might be new?

I thing they have 13 Ryans that work there!

3. guitar_randy

guitar_randy Member

Nope.not new.
    And they emailed me anyways.Hope they don't call me again now.

4. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

Was the email in response to our conversation here, or just a sales call?

5. guitar_randy

guitar_randy Member

[quote author=Tom link=topic=19761.msg240321#msg240321 date=1254838536]
    Was the email in response to our conversation here, or just a sales call?
    [/quote]

In response,although it was unwanted

6. TNT

TNT Active Member

IMO if you have a beef with a company, and if you're not willing to let them make it right, then you shouldn't bring up the beef in the first place in public. This is certainly unfair to Sweetwater and might be considered libelous.
    That would be like someone giving you bad feedback on eBay before they contacted you about the problem. After it's left bad feedback can't be taken away and it might have been a problem easily fixed.

7. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

[quote author=TNT link=topic=19761.msg240398#msg240398 date=1255000986]
    IMO if you have a beef with a company, and if you're not willing to let them make it right, then you shouldn't bring up the beef in the first place in public. This is certainly unfair to Sweetwater and might be considered libelous.
    That would be like someone giving you bad feedback on eBay before they contacted you about the problem. After it's left bad feedback can't be taken away and it might have been a problem easily fixed.
    [/quote]
    Thank you. I've worked behind a parts counter for nearly 30 years and have had this conversation with some of my customers. I've had to tell them, after finding out they were upset about a situation, "How can I fix it if I don't know it's broken. You have to talk to me and we'll work it out."

8. guitar_randy

guitar_randy Member

[quote author=TNT link=topic=19761.msg240398#msg240398 date=1255000986]
    [/quote]

Huh?
    Someone here is the one who contacted sweetwater,not me.I just replied to someones fluffed up sweetwater post with my opinion.All I stated were facts.There is nothing for sweetwater to make right.All there is for sweetwater to do, is to leave me aloneWhy is"leave me alone and don't contact me such a hard concept to understand?"

9. guitar_randy

guitar_randy Member

[quote author=iblive link=topic=19761.msg240415#msg240415 date=1255018150]
    Thank you. I've worked behind a parts counter for nearly 30 years and have had this conversation with some of my customers. I've had to tell them, after finding out they were upset about a situation, "How can I fix it if I don't know it's broken. You have to talk to me and we'll work it out."
    [/quote]

Its not my responsibility to fix sweetwater or to get into management issues with their company.
    All I want from sweetwater is nothing from them AT ALL!

10. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

[quote author=guitar_randy link=topic=19761.msg240419#msg240419 date=1255023250]
    Its not my responsibility to fix sweetwater or to get into management issues with their company.
    All I want from sweetwater is nothing from them AT ALL!
    [/quote]
    You're absolutely correct. It is their responsibility to "fix it." The problem comes in when they aren't informed of an issue you have with one of their sales staff and give them the opportunity to do something about it. Your just walking away from them solves nothing.

Nothing ticked me off more working with the public than to find out weeks sometimes months later that I did something that made a customer angry. I never got the opportunity to approach that customer to mend fences. And please take note I said I. I can't "fix it" and neither can Sweetwater if You (and notice I said you) don't tell them. Sweetwater is an excellant company and given the chance they will make it right for you.

I do truly understand your issue with the high pressure approach this salesman unloaded on you, but being in the retail business myself one and out is not being fair to Sweetwater.

11. guitar_randy

guitar_randy Member

[quote author=iblive link=topic=19761.msg240421#msg240421 date=1255029323]
    You're absolutely correct. It is their responsibility to "fix it." The problem comes in when they aren't informed of an issue you have with one of their sales staff and give them the opportunity to do something about it. Your just walking away from them solves nothing.

Nothing ticked me off more working with the public than to find out weeks sometimes months later that I did something that made a customer angry. I never got the opportunity to approach that customer to mend fences. And please take note I said I. I can't "fix it" and neither can Sweetwater if You (and notice I said you) don't tell them. Sweetwater is an excellant company and given the chance they will make it right for you.

I do truly understand your issue with the high pressure approach this salesman unloaded on you, but being in the retail business myself one and out is not being fair to Sweetwater.
    [/quote]

Being fair to them?Sweetwater kept calling me.I did not ask or tell them to call me,in fact I asked for the opposite.I am being more than fair.I owe them nothing.I was being border line harrased by them.No means no,not try to talk me into something.I don't care if they fix anything.I really don't care what they do,as long as it does not involve me.Why fluff it up and make it out like its ok to keep calling someone to force or convince them to be a customer?Its bullshit.Its all them,not me.

12. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

[quote author=guitar_randy link=topic=19761.msg240423#msg240423 date=1255031177]
    Being fair to them?Sweetwater kept calling me.I did not ask or tell them to call me,in fact I asked for the opposite.I am being more than fair.I owe them nothing.I was being border line harassed by them.No means no,not try to talk me into something.I don't care if they fix anything.I really don't care what they do,as long as it does not involve me.Why fluff it up and make it out like its ok to keep calling someone to force or convince them to be a customer?Its bullshit.Its all them,not me.
    [/quote]
    I feel bad you're such an angry man.

To be fair to Sweetwater, "They" were not harassing you. Ryan was harassing you. So unless you notified a supervisor or notified Sweetwater customer service you're trashing a very customer oriented company based off of one bad egg. Frankly sir, it's all you, Sweetwater as a company did nothing wrong. Grow up!

13. guitar_randy

guitar_randy Member

[quote author=iblive link=topic=19761.msg240430#msg240430 date=1255036473]

To be fair to Sweetwater, "They" were not harassing you. Ryan was harassing you. So unless you notified a supervisor or notified Sweetwater customer service you're trashing a very customer oriented company based off of one bad egg. Frankly sir, it's all you, Sweetwater as a company did nothing wrong. Grow up!
    [/quote]

Unbelievable

14. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

hey g randy, I understand your beef with sweetwater. I can relate since I had an issue with them a while back after an order where they called me to basically solicit more business from me. The difference was I asked the guy to stop making sales calls on me and that was the end of it. Sounds like that Ryan guy doesn't get the message. Hopefully they will get the word out to those employees not to cold call on customers and especially if they ask not to be called on.

15. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

16. guitar_randy

guitar_randy Member

[quote author=iblive link=topic=19761.msg240430#msg240430 date=1255036473]

[/quote]

Grow up?Why,because my opinion is different than yours?

17. Tantrum

Tantrum Member

Someone bump that record player, the song seems to be stuck. :roll:
    [​IMG]

18. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

[quote author=guitarweasel link=topic=19761.msg240455#msg240455 date=1255058158]

[​IMG]
    [/quote]
    I apologize to the group for taking it here. Being both a consumer and a retailer I was only trying to make a point.

As a consumer I absolutely agree with his frustration with the salesman at Sweetwater. I don't like pushy salesman either. I also totally agree that's it's Sweetwater's role to resolve the issue.

As a retailer nothing is more frustrating to me than to find out after the fact that you created conflict with a customer and was not given the opportunity to resolve that conflict.

Thanks all for indulging my ranting and raving.

19. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

I will bump the record player and say that I think this portion of the thread has made it's point and further discussion will only escalate into a pissing contest. G_R has his opinion and it is his right as we all do. If there is additional input needed on this, please PM me, Weasel, Tom or any of the Mods and we will resolve the issue.

My experiences with Sweetwater has shown they have always gone above and beyond anyone I've dealt with.

20. guitar_randy

guitar_randy Member

[quote author=Six String link=topic=19761.msg240484#msg240484 date=1255122424]
    I will bump the record player and say that I think this portion of the thread has made it's point and further discussion will only escalate into a pissing contest. G_R has his opinion and it is his right as we all do. If there is additional input needed on this, please PM me, Weasel, Tom or any of the Mods and we will resolve the issue.

My experiences with Sweetwater has shown they have always gone above and beyond anyone I've dealt with.
    [/quote]

Ok
    Additional input on what?What do you mean by additional input?

[size=13pt][Mods note]Meaning: Let's move on with others' experiences with Sweetwater.[/size]