Orianthi...

Discussion in 'Jams, Audio & Video Performances' started by Cjays, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Cjays

Cjays Member

2. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

Interesting but a bit too pentatonic for my liking. I just felt like it was a bit lacking in melody, more like a solo over some chords.

3. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

She is getting quite a bit of press now and looks like she may be a very good guitarist. ("If I was going to pass the baton to somebody, she would be my first choice," Carlos Santana once said of Orianthi.) Typical pop stuff but I can see the makings of something better.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxj9KHu2d2U[/youtube]

4. 8-ball

8-ball Member

Sorry Tom, but it sounds very generic to me.

5. vinz

vinz Member

I've read she was supposed to walk in Jennifer Batten's steps for the next Michael Jackson tour.... That would have given her carreer some boost.

6. vinz

vinz Member

I've read she was supposed to walk in Jennifer Batten's steps for the next Michael Jackson tour.... That would have given her carreer some boost.

7. SurfGuitar141

SurfGuitar141 Member

[quote author=Zeppelin Rules link=topic=15866.msg202087#msg202087 date=1197860333]
    Interesting but a bit too pentatonic for my liking. I just felt like it was a bit lacking in melody, more like a solo over some chords.
    [/quote]

I wish my ability to play guitar was "too pentatonic and lacking in melody" as her's....... :roll:

Holy crap man, not only is she a totally hottie, but the girl can play.....

Try this one on for size, at the 2006 PRS 20th anniversary celebration, Orianthi, Carlos Santana, and Paul Reed Smith .....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE1ocn11VL8&feature=related[/youtube]

8. mdubya

mdubya Well-Known Member

That's not bad Surf. The only other time I had seen video of her was a clip from the NAMM show and her tone was attrocious and her playing and technique had all the charn and taste of a 14 year old boy whacked out on Red Bull, offending ears at the local Guitar Center. I think she only gets any attention because of her looks and gender. JMHO. I sure wouldn't want to play or sound like her.

9. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

She seems to have a feel for the guitar, but not for the music.

Lots of notes, but no melody.