Orlando Guitar Show January 25th, 26th & 27th, 2008

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by vkgphil, Jan 5, 2008.

1. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

2. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

okay then

show opened today, not been there yet. my guitarist and i are going to be there in the afternoon Sat. I'll post some pics afterwards.

not as enthusiastic as i was, i ended up having to spend some money on the darn house but i'll be on the look out none the less. never know what will happen

3. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

well i messed up and left my camera at home today. the show was jam packed, tons of exhibitors... i was focused on basses of course but kept an eye on the sg's that were out there. i saw that faded with the trem on it, yuk... that just didnt look right to me. a few 62's floating around, more than i expected 70's era including a very nice 75 (i think) that the guy standing next to me bought for 1500. looked like it practically never played... very nice.

poop load of strats and teles everywhere, LPs not so much.

i was seeking the ric basses, and of course, unless you want one beat to hell, you cant touch one for under $2500. the most ridiculous was a totally stripped ric body with a busted headstock running vertically on the DG side thru the tuning peg holes, no hardware, no pickups, finish looked a mess (what there was of it left) and it still had a $750 tag on it. yeowch.

saw a double neck bass/6 string ric there

a couple eppy versions of the 12/6 string sg there... what else... a double neck danlectro with single lipstick pu on each side...

i gotta say there are some pretty greasy/sleazy/freaky looking people at these things.

disappointed in the fact that for the most part, there are no bargins there. in fact i think you better have done your homework because i think there were prob just as many overpriced guitars as there were priced at what you would see at your big box store.

eek

anyway, the bug was strong enough that i eventually found a mim fender p bass standard that felt pretty good and played nicely, so i now have a P in the stable. the pickups seem fine, maybe an upgrade to a bad ass bridge like the one on my jazz and it should be fine. i'll give her the full workout wed at rehearsal.

the guy that i always see with the cases of tubes was not here this year. also surprising was that my fave shop guitar den was not representing there either.

in the adjacent parking lot was a used car auction that seemed to be all vintage muscle cars and hot rods, but as it started to rain we did not take a peek at it but i just might have to go walk thru that tomorrow if the sun is back out.

so sorry about lack of pics this time... i feel bad about it believe me.