Paperback Writer

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by Ian Anderson, Jun 24, 2005.

1. TNT

TNT Active Member

Amen!

2. marty1776

marty1776 Active Member

Thanks ess for the music. I picked up Powerage at the store this a.m. Great tone from the start. Is that a black standard he has in the insert? I figure I can pull off one every week or two for a bit. Thanks for the advice.

3. ess

ess Guest

no probs!

T :lol: its coming! heheh

4. jigman

jigman Member

As for paperback writer: It was played entirely by Paul McCartney, not George Harrison.
    What type of guitar it was I'm not sure but wouldn't be surprised if it was an epi or a gibson. I will confirm and answer later. As for ac/dc the best PURE rock band that ever boasted to have balls. Though I love almost everything they ever did, my favorite tune is "Ride On". You need to go buy "BONFIRE" CD. I listen to the solo over and over again on :ride on" it just drips with soul. the gut & emotion is literally oozing out of the SG with the viscosity of thick, gritty gutty, greasy anger, frustration, testosterone and taste & mahogany/Marshall attitude.

5. Ian Anderson

Ian Anderson Member

Ride on is great! I love that slow smokey tone they are getting there. THe volume cut back a bit you can really hear the guitars and amps!

I have a '67 tube rectified JMP 50 Super Pa I am thinking of having converted to KT66 to get that sound, not that it doesn't already but that should bring it right there!

To be honest I was really suprised to hear P.W. was played with an SG I always thought it sounded like some oddball hollow body guit. THen again a good SG almost sounds like a hollow body.

6. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

The JTM 45 plexi w/Kt66's seems too do angus spot on...it's a very blusey sound where the 50 watt plexi is hard rock city and every old tone you've ever heard on record as a kid! Er , unless your a kid already... :lol:

7. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

8. Username1

Username1 Member

the end of the seril number on harrisons SG is 666 thats fucken kick ass

9. Ian Anderson

Ian Anderson Member

Pretty much. Rock and Roll keeps ya young!
    My 1st brand new ACDC album I recall the big hoopla about it's pending release and I bought it on the first day was For those About to Rock. I can still recall seeing it right next to Rush's Moving pictures on the rack at Target. I was 11 :twisted: